• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Droid X (Froyo) won't recognize spare battery?

acey612

Jul 6, 2010
Hey guys, I have two spare batteries that I bought on ebay, and they have been working great with my Droid X until I upgraded to Froyo. Now when I use the "Spares" my phone works, but it displays a "?" where the battery reading is supposed to go in the task bar, therefore not telling me how much charge is holds, and when I try to charge the phone with a "Spare" in it, it says it's an unrecognized battery and cannot charge it.

Anyone have a fix? I will root if I have to.

Which BTW, which is the easiest way to root Droid X with Froyo lately? Does the one click method still work?

THANKS!

Does the battery have the Motorola logo on it? I have the same problem and have two friends with the same thing as well. It seems that Froyo includes something that makes this happen to any non Motorola branded batteries. Their way of trying to screw people for going to third parties for stuff when they sell it for more.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones