• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X in the Wild

sycron

Jan 20, 2010
Okay so maybe its just because my town isn't intensely populated, or I don't live in a big city, but I have not seen a Droid X being used by ANYONE. For all I know, I think im the first one in my town to even get one.

Have you guys seen any being used in the wild by your fellow citizens? :rolleyes:

The top 4 android devices i've seen
are

Incredibles, Droids, Heroes and mytouch 3gs

I have seen others(but these are only because i convinced the people to get those phones)

aside from family and neighbor I have never seen another Evo in the wild before

and today while registering for college classes, this guy was asking for my phone to give me his number and wanted to know what kind of a phone i had

I said a motorola droid X
but he was thinking of the original Motorola Droid and was like "What happened to the keyboard? Why is it so big"

On a slightly off topic note, Droid Shadow or Droid Extreme would have been a much much better name because even my dad gets confused when referring to my phone(thinking of the first droid)

Upvote 0
I live in a relatively small town as well, and haven't seen anyone other than myself with one either.

Also have been seeing an uprise in the amount of Droids though. Before just recently I just saw one every once in a while, but now they seem to be all over here. lol It's probably that buy one get one promo I was seeing.

Upvote 0
Nobody. Very small town here (about 10,000 ppl). Everyone says "oh, it's the Droid...my [brother/son/cousin...] has been using one of those for a few months now.

So then I have to explain that it's a different phone. Just released a couple weeks ago. Blank stares. "Can you still get email on it?" Mhm.... LOL

Upvote 0
We also live in a small town, Pop 9,000 or so.

We haven't seen anyone else with them yet, but we DID snicker at a guy with a DroidInc shirt on at walmart.. LOL!

Does that make us bad people?
Ha no of coursed not
I laughed at my friend who brought an Eris a month or so ago and was bragging that his new HTC android phone

I'm thinking he has the incredible
and he pulls it out and i am like...that's it?
That's just an Eris aka a phone that sucks

YOU GET NO LOVE lol

Upvote 0
Ha no of coursed not
I laughed at my friend who brought an Eris a month or so ago and was bragging that his new HTC android phone

I'm thinking he has the incredible
and he pulls it out and i am like...that's it?
That's just an Eris aka a phone that sucks

YOU GET NO LOVE lol
Ouch! Did he just get it because the Inc and DX aren't available right now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones