• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X just mysteriously stopped syncing ALL my email accounts?!

If you have a Task Killer installed, uninstall it, and reboot the phone and see if that resolves it.

If not, keep the TK uninstalled...and delete and reinstall one of your accounts. See if at least that one account starts syncing again. If yes, you'll need to do it for the other ones.

Try to live without the TK for a week and see if your emails stay sync'd. If yes, then reinstall the TK and see what happens. If probs re-occur, you'll know that the TK is the cause.

Reactions: GTPprix
Upvote 0
If you have a Task Killer installed, uninstall it, and reboot the phone and see if that resolves it.

If not, keep the TK uninstalled...and delete and reinstall one of your accounts. See if at least that one account starts syncing again. If yes, you'll need to do it for the other ones.

Try to live without the TK for a week and see if your emails stay sync'd. If yes, then reinstall the TK and see what happens. If probs re-occur, you'll know that the TK is the cause.

If I could thank you 100 times I would, I searched high and low tried a few different fixes and low and behold this simple one worked like a charm. Thank you SO much! :)

Upvote 0
Is background sync on? Do you have Juice Defender installed?
Not sure where background sync is (I know pathetic) I know on my HTC incredible it had a different Sync menu. I've got it set to push OR fetch every 15 if push isnt available.. I'm going to start killing 3rd party apps to see if maybe its something I installed, no juice defender.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones