1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

droid x keyboard on froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rakhan, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Rakhan

Rakhan Newbie

So when i upgraded to froyo my droid X keyboard kept posting force close errors over and over again so i had to switch back to the stock keyboard. Has everyone experienced this, and is there a fix or an updated version?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Barats

Barats Android Enthusiast

Where do you find the Droid X keyboard at?

3. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Been stated for days that the droid X keyboard will not work in Froyo. If you want another multi touch keyboard try smart keyboard from the market.

4. Rakhan

Rakhan Newbie

Oh ok thank you, im using it now its very similar to the droid x keboard. I like how the keys are spaced out on each

5. parousia15

parousia15 Newbie

FYI, the stock keyboard now has multi touch capability with the lasted 2.2 update.

takirb likes this.
  6. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Android Enthusiast

I'm looking for a bigger keyboard in the range of what the droid X is/what I had. Any suggestions on the market for a new one? My fingers are to big I need a big keyboard :)

Free would be good to. BTW I'm newer to android, If I buy a app from europe does it work on US phones?

7. Complex757

Complex757 Android Enthusiast

Thanks for letting me know Droid X keyboard doesn't work, I guess I'll finally try swype or go back to stock.

8. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Android Expert

Yes! Stock has multitouch -- no need for the droid X keyboard now!

9. Shawnz

Shawnz Android Enthusiast

It's more than that. The stock keyboard is still painful compared to the DX one.

10. Complex757

Complex757 Android Enthusiast

I don't really care for those arrows over on the side. I wish they were located like the numbers are instead.

11. utee05

utee05 Newbie

I agree with OP that I prefer the layout of the DX keyboard over the stock keyboard. I liked how the letters were spaced out and I really don't need the arrow icons. It is nice that the new stock kb is multitouch but I hope that once DX gets Froyo that we will see a new kb to get.

12. J03

J03 Android Enthusiast

Since the Droid X is getting (or got?) froyo soon, maybe someone will have a froyo friendly version out soon. I have 6 keyboards and the droid X is still my favorite.

13. takirb

takirb Android Enthusiast

I tried and tried to force myself to like the X keyboard, but i had to dump it. I was using Swype for a while, but one-handed texting was something awful for me with it. I went back to stock and luckily so, since it's now multi-touch. I see no advantage from X keyboard any longer, but that's just me and my preference.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews