• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X looks pretty sweet, but ...

it has no extra features than the Evo. it is actually missing a few things.
why are people spitting out false information?

and most certainly won't be getting a Droid X. as i've mentioned before, i'd be more inclined to get the Droid2.

Droid X pros:
854x480 FWVGA screen
supposedly slightly faster cpu

Evo pros:
FF cam
4G

'nuff said.
Motorola Droid X vs. HTC EVO 4G vs. Dell Streak - Tested

First off Sprint has terrible service compared to verizon. My uncle has Sprint and can not get calls for crap. He always loose signal. We live about 30 mins from Philly so there is no excuse there for crappy signal. So having 4G is pretty worthless so Droid X wins for that.
Second a Front Facing camera is only good for voice chatting. Other then that I can not see a point in it. If you take a picture with it you will get so low quality.
Finally if all your complaining about is that the Evo has 4G and Front Facing Camera then you got bad arguments.

Upvote 0
As cameras go this is fairly poor; however compared to cell phones I have no clue :)
--
It is noisy and huge number of artifacts do to how it is processed. But like I said I've never looked at other cell phone cameras (I mostly look at dslr and compacts but hey 8mp on this should be equiv to 8mp compact :) )

I think X takes the camera category, it's looking to be quite stellar. Check these samples:
Testing the Droid X Camera [PICS & VIDS]

Also RAM might be similar but that integrated 8GB and included 16GB card is a winner for the X too.

Upvote 0
As cameras go this is fairly poor; however compared to cell phones I have no clue :)
--
It is noisy and huge number of artifacts do to how it is processed. But like I said I've never looked at other cell phone cameras (I mostly look at dslr and compacts but hey 8mp on this should be equiv to 8mp compact :) )

NO camera phone compares to an 8pm compact. None. In comparison to other camera phones, this is one of the best.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones