• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid X Lounge::.

Greetings.

New Droid owner as of a day ago. 3 year iphone user and con-vert. Let me just tell you all that this "aint" no iphone and that's good and bad. Bad because I'm so used to no-brainer applications, organization, and simplicity. Good because I see HUGE potential with Android.

Now I just need to figure out how to use it! It sounds like there are unlimited possibilities with my new Droid X.

I need a cigarette...

Let me first say since they came out I wanted an Iphone but can't stand AT&T. I used to use nothing but Blackberry. When got first Droid kept it 13 hours and took it back cause frustrated over how to use it. Several months later gave it another try. I now have the Incredible, just replaced my first Droid with the X and my wife has the Ally. Would not have anything else. You are right cause I have an Ipod Touch and the Iphone is for mindnumbed robots but there is not much more satisfiying than spending hours with your Android phones and customizing them the way YOU want. I think I am going to have to have treatment for my addiction. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Just order my DX today. I really hope it will later work on other networks for when Verizion pisses me off.

Which I'm sure will happen in about 6 months. (I figure with low expectations I can be pleasantly surprised)

wtf...... you are buying a new phone that right now is only for Verizon and you are expecting to get mad at one of the best phone companies there is right now (expensive but still) then take your phone to another company?

Rather than waiting for a better phone to come out in 6 months on a different carrier......

low expectations or not from your post it would seem you are just waisting your money

*sits by steven and scratchs chin in thought*
confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door

anyways THIS lounge is SWEEEEEEET

Upvote 0
On another note. I have an question up in support. I couldn't get my pc to recognize my DX. I had no trouble getting this PC to recognize my Dinc, when I had it. Hmm.. I tried all the steps they said to. The PC says it can't recognize the USB device. Anyway, I tried all the steps for the other folks but they didn't work. The reason I'm writing this is because I was going to attempt root. I've never rooted before so I was pretty excited. Rootus Interuptus. :( Eh. Oh well.

Upvote 0
On another note. I have an question up in support. I couldn't get my pc to recognize my DX. I had no trouble getting this PC to recognize my Dinc, when I had it. Hmm.. I tried all the steps they said to. The PC says it can't recognize the USB device. Anyway, I tried all the steps for the other folks but they didn't work. The reason I'm writing this is because I was going to attempt root. I've never rooted before so I was pretty excited. Rootus Interuptus. :( Eh. Oh well.

my phone totally freaked out the second time that i plugged it into my laptop. It had like 10% left so i plugged it into charge it... it was charging then totally shut off in the middle of managing some files on my SD card. it wouldn't come on for anything.(it took like 15 min for my phone to come back on after unplugging it)

I had my wife call CS and told them what happened.

anyways VZW is sending me a new USB cord without even asking for it.

SOOOO i would venture to say they know about a problem with the cords when they are just sending a new one for free.

Hope if you call and they give you a new one that it works for you.

Upvote 0
my phone totally freaked out the second time that i plugged it into my laptop. It had like 10% left so i plugged it into charge it... it was charging then totally shut off in the middle of managing some files on my SD card. it wouldn't come on for anything.(it took like 15 min for my phone to come back on after unplugging it)

I had my wife call CS and told them what happened.

anyways VZW is sending me a new USB cord without even asking for it.

SOOOO i would venture to say they know about a problem with the cords when they are just sending a new one for free.

Hope if you call and they give you a new one that it works for you.

I was kinda thinking in that direction. Thank you VERY much. :) I'll call CSR.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones