1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid x multi touch keyboard with 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DualSportDad, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Member

My droid x keyboard keeps saying "multi touch keyboard latin failed" or something like that and keeps wanting to force close. I haves tried rebooting the phone and I have installed and reinstalled. Anyone else having this problem since upgrading to froyo?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Everyone. The droid X keyboard doesn't work with 2.2

3. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Member

Damn it. I searched a few pushers in. and didn't see anything mentioned about it, sorry if this was a repost.

4. Shawnz

Shawnz Android Enthusiast

Well- if the DX gets Froyo anytime soon we'll have a keyboard again. lol.

In the mean time I'm back to Swype.

5. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

It doesn't work? This is a real deal breaker for me. I've never been able to use on screen keyboards. I tried a few and the only one I can constantly type on is the Droid-X keyboard without messing up 10,000 times.

6. music_pharoah

music_pharoah Member

Me too! I love the Droid X keyboard and it sucks that it doesn't work. The X should be getting 2.2 here tomorrow and then hopefully someone will rip it out again and share it with us. In the meantime, I found Smart Keyboard Pro.

Smart Keyboard is just as good, if not better than, the Droid X keyboard. Check it out, there is a free version in the app market. And it is also MULTITOUCH!

7. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

was supposed to get 2.2 on Aug 8th but it has been pushed back to "late Summer". my guess is sometime in september.

8. pokerjv

pokerjv Newbie

i'm using smart keyboard pro in the meantime also :) actually, i think i may like it better than droid x kb.

Bodhitree33 likes this.
  9. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Member

huh, i just downloaded smart keyboard. seems pretty damn good. thanks.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews