1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid X musings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    I have my last 1 year upgrade available to me on July 15th. I was going to use it because I was disgruntled with the entire encrypted bootloader issue. However, the leaked gingerblur has been such a major upgrade to me, as to calm me down about the lack of rom/rooting variety.

So, I want to say that I don't know that I will dump the DX when my 7/15 update comes around. I'm very, very happy with it, now. The Gingerbread update will soon be available to all users, making this phone a really fine piece of tech.

I was wondering if others felt this way about their DX.

Steven

Advertisement

2. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Android Expert
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    Steven I could not agree with you more. Not that I was going to dump my X the first chance I get (the end of July), but the fact that the Gingerbread update is amazing. I have never had any electronics that works the way my X does now. Yesterday I flashed the Apex Alpha to help test it and let me tell you I have been looking for something to complain about (outside losing the stock GB theme that Motorola put on there) there is nothing I would change. My X does everything I would want it to do and even more than I would have imagined.

I will keep my upgrade for something that is a major improvement from my X. If they would make a duel core phone with the same form factor as the X with a front facing camera and 4G running no less than Gingerbread that has the same development support as the X I would think about it. Until then I am a very happy camper.

3. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Going to keep my X until either X3 or another that has as big of a screen. For sure loving Gingerbread on the X

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    depends on what is available - the locked bootloader pisses me off, as has Moto, but I do love the combination of all the hardware items