• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Navagation for Original Droid?

hemplacrosse4

May 29, 2010
Hey everyone I just got done playing with the Droid X...Sweeeeet! Awesome phone but I'm stuck with the Droid until my contract is up anyways the really cool thing I liked about the Droid X was the car app screen it has with the huge buttons and music player and contact favorites all built in...Is there any possible way of getting it on the original Droid or an app like it? Thank you for your time.

There are several Car Home replacements, including CarDockV2 and Custom Car Home. Both of these allow you to put whatever apps you want on your screen when docked.

Right now I prefer CarDockV2 because the icons are bigger (6 per screen, like I've seen for the Droid X) and pressing the Home button when in the dock actually returns you to the dock app instead of the normal home screen.

Custom Car Home allows up to 8 icons per screen (but the icons are smaller), and can automatically enable speakerphone when in the dock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones