• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X, never rooted. never messed with the phone

ndfan4u

Jun 13, 2010
Ok, I have a big problem with my Droid X. I have never rooted or messed with the phone precisely because I didn't want to have problems come FROYO day. I went to download the update that I received notification as being available and now I have a black screen with the Motorola Logo M in the center. I doesn't shut down. I took the battery out and the M comes back. What do I do now?? Anybody else having this problem??

Yes, others do seem to be having the same problem. I was also stuck on the Motorola logo after the update despite no root, no leaked Froyo and running stock Blur. After reading some posts here and on other forums I tried multiple battery pulls but they did not resolve anything. Took it to a local Verizon store and they could also not get past the Motorola logo, so I now have a replacement phone on the way. The techs at the store did note that three people had already brought in their Droid Xs with the same problem and mine was the first that either a battery pull or installing a fresh battery would not fix, but it looks from the comments here that several people have had to get new phones.

In2uitiv, how do you perform a cache wipe and factory reset on a phone that is stuck on the Motorola logo?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones