• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Not Getting Update

gmandrew01

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
Ok so i know that the network may be slightly bogged down with everybody trying to download 2.2, but i am having no luck at all updating. I go to check for updates, and it will say "Checking for Updates Please Wait..." for as long as i leave it alone. Any suggestions? I have WiFi on, and have tried many other possible solutions from around the forums. Could it just be my phones problem or maybe something with connection?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Ok so i know that the network may be slightly bogged down with everybody trying to download 2.2, but i am having no luck at all updating. I go to check for updates, and it will say "Checking for Updates Please Wait..." for as long as i leave it alone. Any suggestions? I have WiFi on, and have tried many other possible solutions from around the forums. Could it just be my phones problem or maybe something with connection?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Try turning WiFi off, I believe it needs to update over 3G.

Upvote 0
ok thanks for the suggestion! but when i try that it says "Check for Update was not available at this time. Try Again Later."

If it is a rolling push for the OTA, it can take a couple weeks for everyone to get their updates. I am not sure how this update was being pushed, but when the did the OTA for the Droid 1 it took several weeks for everyone to get theirs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones