• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X now for $120 or wait for th Fall phones...

dansamy

Jul 27, 2010
VZW is tempting me. They sent me an email with an extra $50 off of smartphones plus allowing me to get my $30 NE2 now instead of waiting until Oct. So....will the Samsung Fascinate be significantly better than the X? Will there be something releasing in early fall that will trump them both? Any thoughts? Speculations?

Everyone has their own opinion and there are many things to consider in terms of what's best for you. Personally, I think the Droid X offers the biggest bang for the buck and I don't see anything taking its place any time in the near future.

Go to a local VZW and play around with it, see what you think

Upvote 0
the droid x is seriously the most amazing phone i've ever seen or owned. there's no phone coning out this fall that will trump it. the fascinate is in no way even close to being better than the x. this phone is plenty fast and has all the bells and whistles of the most prestigious phones in the world. i love this phone and i'm sure you will too.

Upvote 0
VZW is tempting me. They sent me an email with an extra $50 off of smartphones plus allowing me to get my $30 NE2 now instead of waiting until Oct. So....will the Samsung Fascinate be significantly better than the X? Will there be something releasing in early fall that will trump them both? Any thoughts? Speculations?

How do you go about getting this email? would you be willing to post a screen shot of it to see if it will work for others? ive been wanting to get the droid x(coming from blackberry) but was waiting to see if it would come down in price first. thank you in advance!

Upvote 0
thats a decent deal. the Iphone may be coming shortly. for the price you can grab the DX, i say get it. down the road (6-7months) you could sell it, get some cash to buy the next best thing. theres always something better.
and IMHO the DX is pretty sweet.

although ive never had a samsung smart phone. (compared to today's phones) ive always had good things to say about them. my DX is the first moto phone that ive liked. and ive had a few..

Upvote 0
Honestly, when buying a phone you have to consider the updates too, seeing as manufacturers are not moving away from adding thier own ui to thier phones anytime soon, we have to pick phones that will get updated and not left in the dust until your new upgrade, the options are HTC and Motorola really, Motorola has a great relatioship with google as does HTC, so you know that thier phones will get updated first, from past updates you will notice that LG and Samsung are not as competitive with the rolling out of updates, but Moto, Google, and Vzw have a relationship that just means they will get thier updates first, plus Moto makes great phones hardware wise, thier software leaves something to be desired, my dream phone will be Moto Hardware + HTC Software, thankfully we have launcher pro plus!

Upvote 0
Well today is the last day to order under the promotional price. I ordered the X.

Same here. Couldn't beat the price. I considered ordering the phone with no contract because I'm kind of tired of signing long-term contracts when my needs can change, but the ETF + out of pocket for the phone did not add up to the total cost of the phone with no contract, so it's actually cheaper for me to sign the contract and eat the ETF if I decide to cancel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones