1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid X on USB causes BSOD.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xekrubx, Feb 21, 2011.

1. xekrubx

xekrubx Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Ok heres the story.
    I have a Droid X and I use the pdanet app on the phone and pc to get wireless internet in my basement bedroom. Only because I havent run a cat5 cable and i dont have a pci or usb wireless receiver. So I use the phone for the time being. I will be running a cat5 just not immediately.
    My pc is running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.
    It doesnt happen as soon as i plug the phone in. Only after its been sitting a while with the app connected and my pc online. It seems like different lengths of time each time. Once it gets the bsod it restarts and hangs at the boot screen.
    Most of the time it will hang before the memory test and sometimes it will do the test and hang before it detects the drives. It continues to boot immediately after i unplug the phone. This is the only time my pc has ever gotten a bsod since i put windows 7 on it.
    And the phone wouldnt cause a bsod before i started using pdanet but at the same time i dont think its ever been plugged into the computer for so long as it has been now. And these bsod and restarts dont seem to be affecting the phone.
    Ive done a few google searches on this and didnt even think it was the phone until i read about usb causing bsod.
    It happens if i have it plugged into the back or front usb ports.
    And none of my other devices are causing this. Webcam, mp3 player, keyboard and mouse.
    If I could remember how I could setup the pc so it doesnt restart during a bsod so i could read the page and get some info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement