1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid X or Incredible 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gevis, May 21, 2011.

1. Gevis

Gevis Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    Alright, I'm about due for an upgrade. I currently have a fascinate, and I'm really just looking to do a lateral upgrade so I can give my fascinate to my brother.

I'm gonna go through wirefly I believe, so I could get the DX for free, or I was thinking about waiting until I could order the Incredible 2 for free.

Thoughts? Feelings? I really don't feel like spending any money on the latest and greatest. I'm nowhere near 4g and my fascinate seems plenty fast enough so I don't care how many cores my phone has either.

Advertisement

2. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    I, like you, do not live anywhere near 4G service. I did get a 4 day old used Thunderbolt for my sister and got it programmed and up and running and while talking to tech support guy, whom also had a Thunderbolt, he claimed that it was VZW's plan to have their whole system 4G by the end of 2013. So, sounds like 4G is coming pretty fast everywhere, but you will probably be due another upgrade by then anyways :D

I cannot speak for the Incredible 2, but I sure love the X. I would say with GB, it puts the X up close to those phones that have unlocked bootloaders. If screen size and cpu power where all the same, depending on how much you want to customize, you might make your decision on whether one or the other has an unlocked bootloader, but for me, I will stay with the X.

3. Lars

Lars Android Expert
    None

If you don't need ffc or gsm then you'll be happier with moto. Htc phone quality is not as good as Samsung and nowhere near moto. I've had a handful of all three. If you care for your phones, the htc should last two years though.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    the dx2 has just come out, it may be offered for free soon as well, but if you want to root and rom a phone you may want to stick with the HTC, but that is just me

a moto phone has GREAT and i do mean GREAT battery life
    alot better than htc thats for sure

5. Gevis

Gevis Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    Well I've heard great things about the Inc2's battery life, but not sure if I feel like waiting. I don't feel it's going to end up with the size community it deserves, and nowhere near DX size.

Also, the Inc2 is proving a hassle to root I guess, HTC has decided to do something with their bootloaders I guess.

I might go with the X. It's free now. It will work fine. I'll give it to my brother if I don't like it as much as my Fascinate.

6. VoidedSaint

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    the x is a remarkable device, i hope your decision will be the one you like, cause just remember the rooting community and the regular droid x community is here for you, if you make the leap to the moto x ^_^

7. stereoeclectic

stereoeclectic Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    Male
    molecular / microbiology
    Friend of mine at work asked me about my dx, and I gave him all the pros and cons. He picked one up, and really likes it. He came up to me Friday, and showed me his nearly full battery in amazement, because he hadn't charged since wednesday.

I burn through mine a bit faster than that, but I am a heavy user. Still very impressed with the battery life, though, and the phone overall.

8. VoidedSaint

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    it must be impressive considering its dual core, moto has great battery life we all can admitt possibly the best battery life

9. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    I agree on battery life on the X. I love plugging my X in at night and still having at least 60 - 70% battery life left. INCREDIBLE (pun intended) battery!

10. Gevis

Gevis Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    Lol I agree, and honestly, I wouldn't even think about the X much if it weren't because of battery life. I love my Fascinate, but I have to keep my screen on lowest brightness, I run a pretty heavy undervolted kernel and I'm underclocked to 800mhz. I still struggle to get through the day.

Either way my brother is still on an Eris, if it ends up that I still love my Fascinate and don't want to use the X, he'd be happy with whichever one I throw at him lol

11. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    I keep my X on the lowest brightness as well, unless I am outside and can't see it that well and then increase it. I am one that tries my hardest to squeeze out the absolute longest battery life during the day :) I do this for our one time a year trip to Disney World, to make sure I have a phone that will work all day and night.

It is nice to have options to pass what you don't need or want on to someone else. That is what I do. We have 5 phones on our plan and I get the newest and then move mine on down the line...lol!

12. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    I am a DX owner and love it but I checked out the Inc2 in the store and it was pretty sweet. If you are not concerned about 4G then it's a great option.