• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X or Incredible 2?

Gevis

Android Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2009
Alright, I'm about due for an upgrade. I currently have a fascinate, and I'm really just looking to do a lateral upgrade so I can give my fascinate to my brother.

I'm gonna go through wirefly I believe, so I could get the DX for free, or I was thinking about waiting until I could order the Incredible 2 for free.

Thoughts? Feelings? I really don't feel like spending any money on the latest and greatest. I'm nowhere near 4g and my fascinate seems plenty fast enough so I don't care how many cores my phone has either.

I, like you, do not live anywhere near 4G service. I did get a 4 day old used Thunderbolt for my sister and got it programmed and up and running and while talking to tech support guy, whom also had a Thunderbolt, he claimed that it was VZW's plan to have their whole system 4G by the end of 2013. So, sounds like 4G is coming pretty fast everywhere, but you will probably be due another upgrade by then anyways :D

I cannot speak for the Incredible 2, but I sure love the X. I would say with GB, it puts the X up close to those phones that have unlocked bootloaders. If screen size and cpu power where all the same, depending on how much you want to customize, you might make your decision on whether one or the other has an unlocked bootloader, but for me, I will stay with the X.

Upvote 0
Well I've heard great things about the Inc2's battery life, but not sure if I feel like waiting. I don't feel it's going to end up with the size community it deserves, and nowhere near DX size.

Also, the Inc2 is proving a hassle to root I guess, HTC has decided to do something with their bootloaders I guess.

I might go with the X. It's free now. It will work fine. I'll give it to my brother if I don't like it as much as my Fascinate.

Upvote 0
the dx2 has just come out, it may be offered for free soon as well, but if you want to root and rom a phone you may want to stick with the HTC, but that is just me

a moto phone has GREAT and i do mean GREAT battery life
alot better than htc thats for sure

Friend of mine at work asked me about my dx, and I gave him all the pros and cons. He picked one up, and really likes it. He came up to me Friday, and showed me his nearly full battery in amazement, because he hadn't charged since wednesday.

I burn through mine a bit faster than that, but I am a heavy user. Still very impressed with the battery life, though, and the phone overall.

Upvote 0
Lol I agree, and honestly, I wouldn't even think about the X much if it weren't because of battery life. I love my Fascinate, but I have to keep my screen on lowest brightness, I run a pretty heavy undervolted kernel and I'm underclocked to 800mhz. I still struggle to get through the day.

Either way my brother is still on an Eris, if it ends up that I still love my Fascinate and don't want to use the X, he'd be happy with whichever one I throw at him lol

Upvote 0
I keep my X on the lowest brightness as well, unless I am outside and can't see it that well and then increase it. I am one that tries my hardest to squeeze out the absolute longest battery life during the day :) I do this for our one time a year trip to Disney World, to make sure I have a phone that will work all day and night.

It is nice to have options to pass what you don't need or want on to someone else. That is what I do. We have 5 phones on our plan and I get the newest and then move mine on down the line...lol!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones