• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X or Samsung Captivate?

Hey androidforums people, I am a proud Motorola Droid Owner (as my user name suggests) but I am looking to upgrade in December even though my contract ends in 2011. I am deciding between the Motorola Droid X and the Samsung Captivate. I like the Droid X's resizable widgets, the Omap processor, the 8MP camera w/ flash, the battery management app, the multitouch keyboard and obviously, the big screen. On the Captivate though, I like the (exclusive to Samsung) Super AMOLED screen although its smaller, superior TV Out capabilities, the ability to root, and the awesome Hummingbird chipset. I want ot use the TV Out with friends but it transmits at a low resolution. Should I wait until my contract ends, for LTE handsets, or should I get one of these handsets?

Thanks in advance

MotoDroidPwner

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones