• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X owners with small hands, does it get easier?

tonyb81

Android Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2010
Swapped out my Fascinate for Droid X yesterday, and damn its a nice phone. However my small hands are having a hell of time with this beast. I prefer to be able to use a phone with one hand, but I can't with this monster. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Does it get easier to use over time?

Nope. This is not a one hand phone. I was used to the ease of one handed use with my Blackberries, so when I switched over to this phone it did sort of frusterate me for a little while. But like anything else you get used to operating it with two hands. During those times when I HAVE to use one hand, I flip it to portrait. That's the only way you can do it one handed unless you have hands like Michael Jordan or something. But for me anyway, the portrait keyboard seems less accurate. I always get mispelled words on the portrait keyboard.

If one handed use is a priority for you, well to be honest then the DX might not suit your needs. One handed use just isn't one if it's strong points.

Upvote 0
Swapped out my Fascinate for Droid X yesterday, and damn its a nice phone. However my small hands are having a hell of time with this beast. I prefer to be able to use a phone with one hand, but I can't with this monster. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Does it get easier to use over time?

I really don't understand this question. Looking at the measurements of the phones there is only a 2mm x 2mm x .3mm difference in size. 2 millimeters? I would think the weight would be a bigger shock than the size.

Upvote 0
I really don't understand this question. Looking at the measurements of the phones there is only a 2mm x 2mm x .3mm difference in size. 2 millimeters? I would think the weight would be a bigger shock than the size.

Agree. I too am curious about that small difference meaning so much.

I'm thinking it could have to do with a proximity to buttons factor, slight as it is as well.

Upvote 0
Yeah it sucks when you google dude instead of nude, ruins the mood lol

Hmmmmm.... I'm trying to imagine why one would only be using their phone with one hand while typing the word 'nude' into the search bar on their phone...:thinking:.

Nope, I'm drawing a blank. Perhaps I'll try it & see if anything 'pops up'.

;)

Upvote 0
On the X, swype is almost impossible for me to use one handed. Thats why I've gone 100% multi touch now. Swype can be fast, but its a beach when you have to go back and fix something.

Yeah I imagine swype was probably designed to make one-handed use easier. .. but to be honest, is much easier to swype two-handed in landscape than one-handed in portrait.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones