1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid X Power/Lock Button Issue.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chr1sM87, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Chr1sM87

Chr1sM87 Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    I recently received a Droid X and I am having some issues with the device. First off, the device powers up by itself. I remove the battery and re-seat it and the phone will power itself on. Not sure if that is normal but that is not whats bothering me. The next issue is that the lock/power button doesn't seem to be working. The phone is running 2.3.3 and when I hit the power/lock button nothing happens. I kinda figured, if something is wrong with the button that might explain why it powers itself up. What I tried doing was in the settings menu change it so the lock button ends a call. I had a friend call me and I pressed the lock button and it didn't end the call, so I would assume I am dealing with a faulty lock button. Can anyone shed some light as to what I could do to fix this if it might be something with software? Thanks.

ps. I have a solid red led light that is always on next to the phones ear piece. I guess its an indicator light but I have no missed calls, texts or voice mail.

Advertisement