• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X priced to sell!

I'm still following this along with Nightangel. The fact that the member jumps in from time to time doesn't make since. It doesn't take that much time out of the day to tell people what's going on. It also doesn't make since that a member that has almost 200 post under his belt would be stringing other members along. Good luck and hope everything works out. I've personally bought two items from the classifieds and both went very smoothly.

Upvote 0
Maybe someone is trying to borrow a few bucks for a couple of weeks.

I'm still following this along with Nightangel. The fact that the member jumps in from time to time doesn't make since. It doesn't take that much time out of the day to tell people what's going on. It also doesn't make since that a member that has almost 200 post under his belt would be stringing other members along. Good luck and hope everything works out. I've personally bought two items from the classifieds and both went very smoothly.

Upvote 0
What? I barely see this thread after sending my droid inc to him. He agreed to trade his droid x for my inc. Im starting to feel worried since the pics on this thread are similar to some that he sent to my email. Hopefully the droid x gets here Monday or else im going to end up with no phone. He has been good at responding back to my emails. So that helps me relax a bit but after seeing this thread I just dont know.

Upvote 0
What? I barely see this thread after sending my droid inc to him. He agreed to trade his droid x for my inc. Im starting to feel worried since the pics on this thread are similar to some that he sent to my email. Hopefully the droid x gets here Monday or else im going to end up with no phone. He has been good at responding back to my emails. So that helps me relax a bit but after seeing this thread I just dont know.

I hate to tell you this but I think you just lost your phone. He has already sold that phone twice, now he's trading it to you. Doesn't look promising as I paid for it and now your trading for it:thinking:

Upvote 0

I would call usps and cancel the shipment right away. If you don't you will give him a new phone. Right now he has 2 people's money and possibly a droid incredible if you don't cancel

Reactions: ogdinc
Upvote 0
If your didn't park your phone number on another phone (in other words, your phone number is still assigned to the inc - not a good idea), you can call Verizon and report it stolen - at least that way, the phone is blacklisted.

Don't know how you shipped it, but your can try recalling the package if possible.

If you shipped it by USPS, you can try contacting their frauds division. Postal fraud (not sure if this qualifies since you shipped it) is a federal offense!!!

And of course, there are now at least 3 people possibly defrauded... if each call the cops (find the same cop) at the local police station, they MIGHT be willing to help. Send them a box of donuts (joke)!

Upvote 0
Any who feel the need, feel free to contact the site administrator Android Forums - View Profile: Phases

If user is defrauding people then the appropriate action should be taken with paypal, usps, etc.... Get all the info you can and report him.

Would love to hear how selling the phone to 2 different people and trading to another can be explained.

@User that traded Inc, when did you set up the trade? Was it in this thread (sorry haven't looked) or another thread in classifies?

Upvote 0
Any who feel the need, feel free to contact the site administrator Android Forums - View Profile: Phases

If user is defrauding people then the appropriate action should be taken with paypal, usps, etc.... Get all the info you can and report him.

Would love to hear how selling the phone to 2 different people and trading to another can be explained.

@User that traded Inc, when did you set up the trade? Was it in this thread (sorry haven't looked) or another thread in classifies?
No it wasn't on this thread. He sent me a PM. Then it was just email from then on. We supposedly traded on Thursday.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
No it wasn't on this thread. He sent me a PM. Then it was just email from then on. We supposedly traded on Thursday.

Thats because he wants to get rid of the evidence...but I unfortunately gifted the money (like an idiot) I don't know why I trusted him. So im out $130. Does anyone have his info they can post here? Paypal has helped me out before but this is definitely the last time ill ever gift money, it isn't worth the risk.

Upvote 0
Thats because he wants to get rid of the evidence...but I unfortunately gifted the money (like an idiot) I don't know why I trusted him. So im out $130. Does anyone have his info they can post here? Paypal has helped me out before but this is definitely the last time ill ever gift money, it isn't worth the risk.

I think this member here might has some info about him, because just like you, he did bought DroidX from this imjehh (well, at least paid the DroidX)
I just made a little research and found him sold the DroidX here before, there is no further info whether the transaction is success or not though.
This is the link.
About the idiocy things, relax buddy, you are not the first, I've been in your shoes before :)

Upvote 0
[/COLOR][/COLOR]About the idiocy things, relax buddy, you are not the first, I've been in your shoes before :)

I know I just feel stupid for sending it like that but its not the end of the world, ill survive haha

But I saw that link you posted with the phone and sent and email to rimjay@gmail.com and asked if he still had the phone. He replied a day or so later said it was sold and shipped...its not adding up

Upvote 0
I think this member here might has some info about him, because just like you, he did bought DroidX from this imjehh (well, at least paid the DroidX)
I just made a little research and found him sold the DroidX here before, there is no further info whether the transaction is success or not though.
This is the link.
About the idiocy things, relax buddy, you are not the first, I've been in your shoes before :)

I did the research a few day's ago and pm'd this member (notluk) about this phone and he told me he sent the money and never received the phone but the OP did eventually refunded his money. For future reference for folks thinking of buying a device, anyone can look at a members profile and click on statistics and select "find all posts by xxxxx" or "find all threads started by xxxx" and maybe use that info before making a transaction.

Upvote 0
This makes me want to close the Classifieds section.

I will send a Pm to the user and see what he has to say.

I understand why you would say that, however,
Maybe you can set up some sort of feedback system on here. There is no real way to leave feedback on here. Maybe something similar to ebay where there is a rating system. I used to buy and sell frequently on the srtforums and they had a feedback system set up which was nice. Just my. 02 ;)

Upvote 0
Well after telling him that some people at androidforums.com told me some negative things about him he started to get a bit defensive and was telling me he hopes I wasnt scamming him and started asking me questions. So then when I asked a question back to him, he never wrote back. This was yesterday evening. After waiting for more the an hour I decide to call USPS. After sometime on the phone I was able to get my phone to be put on hold in NY which is were I shipped it to. I didnt want to go through the hassle of accusing him so I just told them that the person who ordered the package had canceled their order and that I want it shipped back. So they are going to ship it back but I'm going to have to pay for that. Today I checked my mail and no package. Not a big surprise. It should have been here since it was supposedly shipped thursday afternoon from Queens, NY to Indiana. Anyways I sent him an email this morning letting him know what I did. I also told him that I hope he stops trying to scam people. He told me earlier that he had been scammed before so I told him just because it supposedly happened to him doesn't mean he should try to do it too to others. This is the email he gave me riminc1@gmail.com. His email name is Rich I. but when I asked what name to put on the package he told me Ron Ingram. This is the address he gave me and that I shipped to 65-14 Parsons Blvd Apt. 4C Flushing, Queens 11365. Then he claimed it was wrong and gave me 65-16 4D same street etc. last night before he got all defensive and said he would handle that. Then after googling his email address this morning I found this listing in a different forum. OTHER FS: Motorola Droid X in great condition, priced to sell - Scionlife.com. Hopefully the guy who still doesn't receive his money back eventually does. That's all I got.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones