• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X priced to sell!

I understand why you would say that, however,
Maybe you can set up some sort of feedback system on here. There is no real way to leave feedback on here. Maybe something similar to ebay where there is a rating system. I used to buy and sell frequently on the srtforums and they had a feedback system set up which was nice. Just my. 02 ;)

I agree with this, there should be some type of feedback system.

Upvote 0
I understand why you would say that, however,
Maybe you can set up some sort of feedback system on here. There is no real way to leave feedback on here. Maybe something similar to ebay where there is a rating system. I used to buy and sell frequently on the srtforums and they had a feedback system set up which was nice. Just my. 02 ;)

totally agree‼

I'm not trying to being a jerk, but I just want to make a quick example :

Here

I'm sorry that I put a link from another forum, but I just want to make that as an example, maybe mods here can make something like that, or perhaps better, I don't know..
But I know one thing, if we have feedback system like that here, I guarantee you, the classified forum will be more secure than before.
And for members who has done successful transaction(s) (both as seller or buyer, and both positive or negative) can be recorded on this feedback thread, so the other members who about to make a deal with them will be aware with who they will make business. Simple yet effective. IMHO :)

Note : Please forgive me with my crappy English, I do hope whoever read it are able to understand what I meant. :p

Upvote 0
totally agree‼

Here

I'm sorry that I put a link from another forum, but I just want to make that as an example, maybe mods here can make something like that, or perhaps better, I don't know..
But I know one thing, if we have feedback system like that here, I guarantee you, the classified forum will be more secure than before.
And for members who has done successful transaction(s) (both as seller or buyer, and both positive or negative) can be recorded on this feedback thread, so the other members who about to make a deal with them will be aware with who they will make business. Simple yet effective. IMHO :)

Note : Please forgive me with my crappy English, I do hope whoever read it are able to understand what I meant. :p

I asked this morning and is being talked about:http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/416205-classified-section.html

Upvote 0
totally agree‼

Here

On app so didn't check link out yet but all what you said were good ideas

Upvote 0
Google Streetview shows the homes near this address are all single family homes. They are not apartments.

If anyone has any concrete location and car info, they can PM me. I'm 40 minutes from Flushing.

Well after telling him that some people at androidforums.com told me some negative things about him he started to get a bit defensive and was telling me he hopes I wasnt scamming him and started asking me questions. So then when I asked a question back to him, he never wrote back. This was yesterday evening. After waiting for more the an hour I decide to call USPS. After sometime on the phone I was able to get my phone to be put on hold in NY which is were I shipped it to. I didnt want to go through the hassle of accusing him so I just told them that the person who ordered the package had canceled their order and that I want it shipped back. So they are going to ship it back but I'm going to have to pay for that. Today I checked my mail and no package. Not a big surprise. It should have been here since it was supposedly shipped thursday afternoon from Queens, NY to Indiana. Anyways I sent him an email this morning letting him know what I did. I also told him that I hope he stops trying to scam people. He told me earlier that he had been scammed before so I told him just because it supposedly happened to him doesn't mean he should try to do it too to others. This is the email he gave me riminc1@gmail.com. His email name is Rich I. but when I asked what name to put on the package he told me Ron Ingram. This is the address he gave me and that I shipped to 65-14 Parsons Blvd Apt. 4C Flushing, Queens 11365. Then he claimed it was wrong and gave me 65-16 4D same street etc. last night before he got all defensive and said he would handle that. Then after googling his email address this morning I found this listing in a different forum. OTHER FS: Motorola Droid X in great condition, priced to sell - Scionlife.com. Hopefully the guy who still doesn't receive his money back eventually does. That's all I got.

Upvote 0
So there are 3 known people that was dealing with the OP. One got money back. One is probably out of luck, and a third might get his phone back thanks to USPS. But why don't the 3 of you guys try to coordinate a call to the Flushing Queens Police department. 3 possible victims and maybe more should be more than enough motivation for the cops to act on. And catching this guy might help prevent others from getting scammed.

Judging from the botched address a few posts ago, I'm guessing the address is not his and he is hoping to grab the package as it sits at the door. His attempt to sell on the car forum has his location on Long Island, with lots of info on his wheels... so that would help a great deal, especially if its the cops working on it.

It seems he goes by a few different names, but when I paypal'd him, the name that showed was Maxime Simon. Not sure if this helps or not but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Upvote 0
Paypal has notified me that both receivers got their money back. Sorry about the mixup.

Watch out, because he scammed one of my friends on another site, and almost have done it to me. Just a word of caution. He tried to get me to ship out my Droid 1 to him, but I felt funny about it since he kept changing his name. I did not feel comfortable giving out my address after I noticed this, thinking he was trying to pull something. When I finally mentioned it, he said he misspelled his name. I hope others are careful when trading with this user.

Upvote 0
Paypal has notified me that both receivers got their money back. Sorry about the mixup.

Watch out, because he scammed one of my friends on another site, and almost have done it to me. Just a word of caution. He tried to get me to ship out my Droid 1 to him, but I felt funny about it since he kept changing his name. I did not feel comfortable giving out my address after I noticed this, thinking he was trying to pull something. When I finally mentioned it, he said he misspelled his name. I hope others are careful when trading with this user.

I have sent you multiple PM's days ago and haven't heard anything back. You KNOW both of us haven't gotten our money back. I still am trying to get mine back from paypal. I never got a refund from you even though you claimed the phone was shipped multiple times. If it was, either me, houseofgrafx, or ogdinc would have the phone in our possession. NONE of us do...so who's the scammer now?

imjehh, you still haven't backed up one of your statements in this thread with the truth

Reactions: ogdinc
Upvote 0
okay, now I got confused, the OP came, said that the money has been refunded to the buyer.. both of them, and then saying that the new 3rd party was actually a scammer?
how about the DroidX itself? OP said it was sent, and the other buyer got refund, and now is both got refund? any explanation OP?

The phone was never sent out...thats pretty obvious. I don't know if he even has the phone, he could of gotten those pics offline somewhere. I do know for sure though, houseofgrafx WON his claim, the OP never refunded him. I am still waiting on mine though. I called paypal yesterday to straighten it out. Ill update when I find anything out

Upvote 0
I opened this thread because I was thinking of selling my DX to upgrade to a Bionic. I wanted to get a sense of how much my phone might be worth. However, after reading this ENTIRE thread, I think I'm going to hold onto my phone and maybe try to sell it for cash locally through craigslist. The stuff in this thread is crazy. The OP is a straight up scammer and it makes me wonder how many more are lurking on here!:eek:

Upvote 0
I opened this thread because I was thinking of selling my DX to upgrade to a Bionic. I wanted to get a sense of how much my phone might be worth. However, after reading this ENTIRE thread, I think I'm going to hold onto my phone and maybe try to sell it for cash locally through craigslist. The stuff in this thread is crazy. The OP is a straight up scammer and it makes me wonder how many more are lurking on here!:eek:

99% of the members in here are legit but even graigslist has it's bad apples.

Upvote 0

Ogdinc, first his name on gmail was Jamie Garcia, then James Garcon, and now it's John Garcon. His address is
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2217+Linden+Ave+South+Bend,+IN+46628&oi=gmail
Why are you lying? What friend are you talking about? You're the one that changed your name and address. I never did that. What other site? I'm only on this site and I've never scammed no one. I haven't even sold one thing online. Not on ebay, amazon, other forums, or craigslist. The only time I shipped something was the inc that I sent to supposedly you. First time shipping and probably my last after this experience. What droid 1? I thought you were selling or trading a droid x. Look at you making mistakes. You're probably on another site trying to scam someone saying you are trading a droid 1 for their phone or money. Don't try to accuse me of scamming because you do it. Trying to make up stories that I scammed your friend. Get out here with that bs. Just because you ruined your rep or blow your cover on here doesn't mean that you should try to ruin others'. You must be a habitual lair coming in here and posting useless, false information. Saying that you sent the phone, the refund is on its way, claiming that paypal said the others got their money back, and saying that I scammed your imaginary friend. Just admit it you were trying to scam others and it all blow up right in front of your face.

Upvote 0
I might not be shipping my phone anywhere else but I will buy some phone from another user here on this forum once I sell mine locally. I'm not going to let some jerk on here ruin it for me. But I would like to see some changes. I like the idea of the feedback system. This might of been a bad first experience but I feel like there are still plenty of honest people on here that I would gladly buy from. Til then good luck to all the others involved in this jerk's evil plot and to androidforums.com and all its honest users. Remember this as a valuable lesson and keep an eye open for jerks like this guy. Take care and be safe.

Upvote 0
Also to the administrators can you please delete my address from the OP's post. That is my real address unlike this jerk giving out addresses that probably aren't his. I just don't feel comfortable or want it floating around so that others can see it and use it or sign me up for unnecessary stuff. Its a personal preference and privacy concern. Also everybody else doesn't have their addresses post it up so everyone can see them. The only reason I posted his was because people requested more info about him and it was just obvious he was up to no good. I am not a scammer and never will be. Its not fair that my address should be put out there because of some false accusation against me. But if absolutely nothing can be done about it I'll accept that. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Also to the administrators can you please delete my address from the OP's post. That is my real address unlike this jerk giving out addresses that probably aren't his. I just don't feel comfortable or want it floating around so that others can see it and use it or sign me up for unnecessary stuff. Its a personal preference and privacy concern. Also everybody else doesn't have their addresses post it up so everyone can see them. The only reason I posted his was because people requested more info about him and it was just obvious he was up to no good. I am not a scammer and never will be. Its not fair that my address should be put out there because of some false accusation against me. But if absolutely nothing can be done about it I'll accept that. Thanks.

done... personal info should never be circulated in this manner (or for these reasons)

The admin posted in this thread and has Pm'd OP to get his story, perhaps you should contact him as well? Phases (<---clicky)

Reactions: ogdinc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones