1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid X replacement but no return label!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnnyo4evr, Aug 16, 2010.

1. johnnyo4evr

johnnyo4evr Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    So i got a replacement "like new" in the mail for my Droid X. the replacement phone came in a cardbox box with bubble wrap and nothing else. I had a copy of the receipt which showed a price of $0.00 and had a piece of paper that had info on activating the phone... BUT there was no return label that came with the box. I've gotten a refurbished phone in the mail for my old EnV 2 and i think i remembering it having a return label..

Does this mean i get to keep the other droid x phone!? The lady at the store that ordered the replacement phone told me i have to return it in 10 days...the 10 day is tomorrow..what should i do? Advice anyone!? lol

Advertisement

2. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast
    None

Well, I would go to a local store or call them up and ask them about it. You risk having to give the phone back if you currently don't have to, (I doubt that you don't. You most likely do). Yet at the same time, you risk getting charged or fined in some way for not returning the original device.

If I were you, I would ask. I would rather lose the opportunity of keeping an already defective phone, than risk being charged double for a phone that doesn't work properly.

3. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Android Expert
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Looking for work!
    Florida
    You are supposed to ship it to me. PM me for my address.

4. meanstreak

meanstreak Newbie
     #1,967

Aug 14, 2010

I beleive the 10 days would be from when you received the replacement.
    Who this replaced by Verizon or an insurance company? Was this replaced because you damaged it or to replace a defective phone?

5. esn

esn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    If the phone isn't mailed within the ten day period they can charge you full retail for the device I suggest you call CS asap and explain before it gets too late.

6. x0x

x0x Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    DC
    Upside: You can keep it.
    Downside: You pay full retail for it. Don't worry, they'll apply it to your next bill.