• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X ROMS - HERE

Man for a Jr member you are right on top of things here. thank you for the good work your doing:D also maybe you or someonr else can do a rom rating system ??? Id like that so I dont have to try all of them,,,thanks again.

Honestly, I don't think a single person could rate these and be very legit. The thing is, ROMs are completely subjective. A ROM that I think is kick-ass you may not care for and vice versa. For instance, everyone raved about Apex around here, but there was still a little more blur left over in it for my tastes. My favorite so far has been GummyJAR. But you may try GummyJAR and freakin hate it, it all depends on your personal preference.

Something you might do if you want us start a poll with all the ROMs punched in and see which one gets the most votes. That might give you a better picture of which one the majority of people seem to really like. Although I can almost guarantee that on this forum Apex will win hands down.

I had never seen 'Unleashed' before. Shame about the wake/sleep bug that still plagues it! :(

It's strange how the ISOP ROMs all have these major bugs in them, but none are exactly the same as tbe others?

Upvote 0
Hmmm... just read through the instructions for flashing ZapX and in it they say to mount the system. I've never done that before when flashing a ROM, only when flashing a theme. Does everyone else here mount the system before flashing a ROM? Or is this unique to this ROM?

If not, then I wonder how I've skated by without doing so all these times?

Upvote 0
Hmmm... just read through the instructions for flashing ZapX and in it they say to mount the system. I've never done that before when flashing a ROM, only when flashing a theme. Does everyone else here mount the system before flashing a ROM? Or is this unique to this ROM?

If not, then I wonder how I've skated by without doing so all these times?

Pretty sure it's unique to apex.

Upvote 0
Hey Androider, I've been curious since you made that list why Ultimate Droid wasn't listed under AOSP (which btw, you accidentaly have switched around to ASOP) ROMs as it's (as far as I was aware anyhow) an AOSP ROM just like Obsidian and Unleashed.

No biggie, just been curious is all.

When I updated the list and split everything up by bases, i must have not caught that UD was in the wrong place. Ill get ot moved tomorrow.

Upvote 0
When I updated the list and split everything up by bases, i must have not caught that UD was in the wrong place. Ill get ot moved tomorrow.

It's really no big deal. I was actually more curious if maybe you knew something I didn't to be honest. I thought perhaps I'd been led to believe it was a true AOSP ROM when in fact it was more along the lines of GummyJAR and was actually an AOSP-like ROM.

If that were the case I was just wondering how they got it to fly so incredibly fast!!! It was also making me wonder why it had all the same problems as the other true AOSP ROMs. That's really the only reason I enquired about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones