• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X sbf File Released....Now you can unbrick

heres a direct link to the sbf

http://www.wikifilez.com/Root Filez/MotoDroidX/Phoxus_-_Droid_X_Gift.zip

I will clean up the op and get all the info from this thread there in the next day or two

I've got the SBF, but the instructions say:

1. Unzip the SBF and place VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf and sbf_flash in the downloads folder

When I click the link to download sbf_flash I'm just directed to a webpage with a bunch of code, rather than being prompted to download a file. Is something wrong with the link or is it because I'm trying to access the file with Safari?

Upvote 0
I've got the SBF, but the instructions say:

1. Unzip the SBF and place VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf and sbf_flash in the downloads folder

When I click the link to download sbf_flash I'm just directed to a webpage with a bunch of code, rather than being prompted to download a file. Is something wrong with the link or is it because I'm trying to access the file with Safari?

It almost sounds like your viewing the file instead of downloading it.

Upvote 0
It was what most people think a factory reset should be though.
I consider it a REAL factory reset not that fake one they have in the menu.

I ran this last night and it unrooted my phone, reinstalled some stock apps that I had deleted but it left all of the apps that I've downloaded and Everything looked like it did right before I ran it.

Upvote 0
I ran this last night and it unrooted my phone, reinstalled some stock apps that I had deleted but it left all of the apps that I've downloaded and Everything looked like it did right before I ran it.

That is probably do to the dalvik-cache being preserved. When I did it I went ahead and loaded my phone into recovery mode and wiped the phone to factory and the dalvik-cache then I loaded the sbf file.

Upvote 0
That is probably do to the dalvik-cache being preserved. When I did it I went ahead and loaded my phone into recovery mode and wiped the phone to factory and the dalvik-cache then I loaded the sbf file.

Thanks for the info. I'm not a root user, but I try to keep up on it for when I do decide to root: would you be so kinda as to post this procedure? It seems like it would be something that's good to know how to do for a lot of people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones