• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X screen problem

First off thanks for having a forum up so we can come and ask questions and get help. I dropped my droid x and the screen has black lines running cross and has gotten worse over the past couple days. Im assuming these are dead pixels I do not have insurance because when I updated online i didnt select insurance..bad deal on my part. How can I fix it. I have tried the jscreenfix app and no luck.. Can I buy the parts to do this or what. thanks in advance

You cracked the LCD. It needs to be replaced.

There are videos out there (check youtube) showing how it is done. The part should be about $50. Shops will do it for a bit more.

Lucky for you, the X is a lot 'easier' than the Droid 1 or 2 to open and swap parts. Any slider phone is guaranteed to be more difficult.

i hate to say it but that really does sound like a hardware issue and either the phone needs to be replaced...or at least the screen...

ive done the screen on a friend's Droid2 and it wasn't fun...i have never researched replacing the screen on the X though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones