• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Specs Released

Berry2Droid

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2009
NJ
Specs Released to the public. But incase you havent seen:

O.S - 2.1 - no froyo, sorrrrry
Processor - 1ghz snapdragon
Screen - 4.3'' (480x854)
Camera - 8mp with HD video capture
Dual LED Flash - Yes
On Board Memory - 8gb, with preinstalled 16GB card
Text Input - SWYPE, Virtual QWERTY, & voice-to-text
Widget Support - Yes
3g Mobile hotspot - Yes($20/month for 2gb allowance and .05cents over)
Blockbuster App - Yes(rent and buy movies through your phone)
HDMI Tv Out capable - Yes
NFL Mobile Access - Yes

No release date
No pricing
No naddddaa

Reactions: finzisa
Also, the 1GHz processor isn't Snapdragon, it's TI OMAP3640 processor.

This alone is awesome. This phone will be noticeably faster than the Snapdragon and better on battery. OMAP has always been a more potent SoC, using the 45nm technology, it will certainly put the DROIDX comfortably at the top of the speed charts for Android phones. With OMAP chips being more overclock-friendly, rooting this phone will be truly incredible (no pun intended).

Upvote 0
Bought my incredible via best buy on June 13th and I also put a screen protector and a case on it... But I want the Droid X D: Thinking of returning it.

You know what's really funny, I just upgraded to the Incredible in April on launch date, yet... I'm still eligible to upgrade my phone. If this holds true coming closer to the launch of this phone, I'm going to upgrade and sell this Incredible. Wow. I'm so excited.

If you can, do it. Better screen, much, much better processor, lighter widget skin (Sense vs. MotoBlur), HD recording, HDMI, DLNA... this is a no-brainer decision.

Upvote 0
If you can, do it. Better screen, much, much better processor, lighter widget skin (Sense vs. MotoBlur), HD recording, HDMI, DLNA... this is a no-brainer decision.

Screen is bigger, not better. I've never heard of anyone prefering motoblur over sense. Processor supposedly uses less power, so that's cool. Phone is considerably bigger and heavier.

Upvote 0
Screen is bigger, not better. I've never heard of anyone prefering motoblur over sense. Processor supposedly uses less power, so that's cool. Phone is considerably bigger and heavier.

Well, the fact is that the screen is actually fairly good as you can see in Engadget's review of the phone. Motoblur is also basically a skin where as Sense is a UI overhaul. The phone is just better.

Honestly, if Verizon allows me, I'm going to be buying that phone.

Upvote 0
Goodbye Incredible... Hello X! :)

I am SO excited for this phone!

Better battery life
Bigger screen
Faster processor
Froyo confirmed to be coming in late SUMMER (no word on Incredible's Froyo yet)
Multitouch keyboard
HDMI TV-out
8MP camera with IMAGE STABILIZATION and 720p recording
3G Mobile hotspot

I can go on and on, but you get my point.

Upvote 0
Goodbye Incredible... Hello X! :)

I am SO excited for this phone!

Better battery life
Bigger screen
Faster processor
Froyo confirmed to be coming in late SUMMER (no word on Incredible's Froyo yet)
Multitouch keyboard
HDMI TV-out
8MP camera with IMAGE STABILIZATION and 720p recording
3G Mobile hotspot

I can go on and on, but you get my point.
Late summer could be september, haha, then after they delay it for some reason, you will be lucky to get froyo by Dec

Upvote 0
So how easy do we think Root is going to be with this phone? Given that the original Droid was easy as hell, but now, HTC apparently figured out a way to almost lock people out from rooting entirely except for a few holes here and there.

I'm hoping this thing will be the easiest thing to root since the Nexus One or Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones