1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid X Specs vs. Atrix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BimmerM3, Feb 21, 2011.

1. BimmerM3

BimmerM3 Member

So I was looking at the Atrix's specs earlier on Motorola's website and I compared it to the X and I was surprised that the only areas where it really beats the X are the processor, screen, (just for the resolution, not size) and memory slash RAM. Besides speed I don't really see where the Atrix is that much better than the X. Although, I just took a look on the Atrix forums and people are getting consistent 2600's on quadrant.

Advertisement

2. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Android Enthusiast

What other areas are there to beat?

3. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

Which one has two extra servings of moto blur....

4. BimmerM3

BimmerM3 Member

Well if you consider the X's screen better than the Atrix because of its size, then theres only the processor and memory left. And the X already has more than enough.

Edit: I said that speed is the only thing better about the Atrix, theres more to a phone than just speed.

5. dguy

dguy Android Expert

The key attribute the Atrix and Bionic have is how much faster they are. If you don't care about speed they obviously won't be so attractive.

6. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Android Enthusiast

Why do people insist on making threads about how their phone is better than some new phone that is coming out. Everyone gets a bit of buyer's remorse of envy when a new phone comes out, no need to start a new thread. And with that said, you can't even really say a bigger screen is better, because that means a bigger phone which is not always good for everyone. After considering the ram, 4G, FFC, screen resolution, and processor speed, once you consider the peripherals that the atrix has, for the people that will actually buy the peripherals, the atrix is no doubt leaps and bounds "better" than the droid x or any phone currently out. The atrix is truly the next generation of android phones or atleast the epitome of everything found in this generation of phones and then some.

7. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

He started a new thread because he can and we don't stop people from starting threads. Nor do we bash them and tell them they shouldn't have created a thread. That being said I like the docking feature of the Atrix I saw on a commercial where it boots up some type of shell for a netbook.

8. mttfrog13

If the droid x was in any way "better" than the atrix then I would have understood creating this thread. I was just making a point at how funny that he literally said the atrix is better at everything but he's surprised that the atrix isn't much better than the droid x. What do people want, 3D phones now?

9. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Did he ever say that the x was better than the Atrix. No, he said he doesn't see where the atrix is much better than the X. It's all about discussion

10. mttfrog13

Did I ever say he said the droid x was better than the atrix?

I know we're here to just discuss and I'm just making a point that many have made before, especially against the evo owners, but at least they're semi entitled to it. Buyer's remorse is real and I thought it was evident here, my apologies if i offended you or anyone else.

edit: i have a bad habit of editing every post I make, and I honestly don't remember what I edited, but seeing you posted a minute later than me, I might have changed that part of my post during the time you were posting

11. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

No you didn't offend me. Its all good. Just don't make someone feel stupid for making a thread.

12. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

The Atrix is an awesome phone. So is the Droid X. But one major downfall I see for the Atrix is not being available on Verizon (yet). I hope this changes as has been speculated in other threads.

For me, I just love still being able to make calls and access the web when up in the rockies (and other places) where most of my friends lose signal. Just my observation/opinion.

13. k0smo86

k0smo86 Android Enthusiast

It's highly doubtful that Verizon will get the Atrix and the Bionic, it makes sense for the Atrix to stay at AT&T considering the iPhone just came to Verizon, just my opinion.

14. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

well considering the atrix doesnt have that Droid name attached... now before people start saying its a droid, here is what i mean
    verizon
    droid eris
    droid
    droid incredible
    droid x
    droid 2
    droid 2 global
    droid pro
    droid bionic
    every other phone is
    htc
    samsung
    motorola
    etc
    so i dont think the atrix will make it to the verizon lineup, i believe its a good thing at&t has one of the best android phones out there right now, ever since they lost the iphone(well they still carry it but they basically lost it when it went to verizon cause people will jump ship for that phone i believe, and to have a network thats everywhere) they need a phone that is just as good and can compete with the current android lineup, the thing that makes the atrix far superior than the bionic, is the dock. im not a fan of it but, that dock feature is quite impressive, im wondering how many more android phones will come with that customization down the road!

still waiting on HTC to get dual core, cause im done with locked bootloaders(motorola)

15. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

You wanna feel stupid for making a thread? Go to the TDI Club( a forum for VW/Audi diesel engines). Your post will be responded to by the first replier with : "You'd know the answer to you question had you searched".
    Glad that does not happen here! That is the fastest way to turn people away from your site.

Now to the topic at hand. The Droid X is still a great phone and nothing currently out would make me switch, nor would I.

16. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I don't care about speed.

It's not working. :D

17. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

^^^^ You absolutely crack me up. Thanks. I needed that.

colchiro likes this.
  18. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

i wanna go fast

19. Gskellig

Gskellig Member

Atrix/Bionic = Tegra2
    DroidX = TI Omap 1ghz

Sure, both are 1ghz but that does not mean they perform the same. Any 1ghz smartphone processor will outperform a 1ghz pentium 3 any day.

Not to mention the rest of the platform (Go look at GPU for instance)

20. byteware

byteware Android Expert