1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid X, Still a Top Phone Today

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derek533, Feb 21, 2011.

1. derek533

derek533 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Loss Control and Risk Management
    Edmond, OK
    Long story short, I had an original Droid that I decided to turn the glass into a Picasso work of art. Verizon gave me the option of an early upgrade as I didn't have insurance on the Droid, extending my contract out two years from the date I called them. My choices were either the Inc., Fascinate or X. I knew the TB was coming out soon but I needed a phone yesterday so to speak.

Having had the X now for a few days, I can tell you that coming from an original, rooted Droid running Lithium mod, the X is twice the phone as the original Droid. Even with all of the new phones coming out, the X is still a top tier phone IMO as most people won't have LTE service in their area to take advantage of the TB. Other than the LTE and front facing camera, there really isn't a whole lot of difference between the two other than Sense and a little more ram as I understand.

I was trying to decide between the Fascinate (gorgeous screen, poor battery), Incredible (great phone, but not really that big of an upgrade in my eyes to the original Droid plus same size screen) or the X. The X just won me over with the way it feels in the hands, one can tell it's a well made piece of tech and doesn't feel cheap at all like the Fascinate did. Also, as an avid user of both the car dock and home dock with the Droid, the others didn't seem to have the same solutions that Motorola does with their docks so it was an easy decision for me.

So for all of you trying to decide whether to hold off for the Droid X2, TB, Bionic, or some other phone on the horizon, just remember there will always be something bigger and better right around the corner, especially in the smart phone realm.

The X is still today a great phone, with great accessories and a very active community of users. I can't wait to get Liberty on it to see what it will really do.

Advertisement

2. mruno

mruno Android Expert
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    Male
    Home
    Apex is a great rom as well. I just came from liberty 1.5 and I am now on Apex 1.4.

3. BigBruDa3rd

BigBruDa3rd Well-Known Member
    None

+1

Go with Apex!

4. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Android Expert
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    FL
    Can't beat the speed of liberty. I ran ApeX for months and loved it but since liberty I just can get use to how slow ApeX is (although much faster than stock)

5. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Designer/Drafter
    O-town Florida
    i totally agree with you. the X is the best phone on verizons network to this day. once the TBolt comes out, it will be #2, but it is still an AWESOME phone that does everything i throw at it, and begs for more :) I never get tired of streaming pandora, while getting turn by turn navigation, and recieving text messages and getting phone call all at the same time...it makes me smile :)

6. ThaiBoy02

ThaiBoy02 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    DMV (DC,MD,VA)
    Im running the DarkSlide Rom and totally loving it

7. ABRMess006

ABRMess006 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    Londonderry, NH
    Good choice on the X, I was stuck between those 3 for a while too, my gf got the Vibrant (T-Mobile version of the Fascinate) and I got to be honest, not to impressed after having my X. You definitely made a good choice!

I was running Liberty for a while on my phone and the speed is unbelievable. I just switched to ApeX last night and not noticing a huge difference yet, but my quadrant score went down a couple hundred points on stock clock so I know it is a bit slower. The battery life is what killed me. Maybe when they release an update with a battery fix I will switch back, for now though I am gonna stick with ApeX.