• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X strange power down - power up

sillar68

Dec 26, 2010
When I went to bed last night my Droid X had about 60% battery life left. When I woke up this morning, the phone was dead. I plugged into the wall and could see the battery charging when I pushed the power button on top but it would not turn on. If I held the power button on for 5-7 seconds, it would go into clockworkrecovery mode. The battery reached 100% and I unplugged it, but still no power on. I took the battery out for about 15minutes and still the same no power up, but got clockworkrecovery if I held the power button down.

Finally I plugged it into my computer and it booted up and works fine with 100% battery life left.

It's rooted, and has been running Liberty 1.5 with adw launcher underclocked with Quickclock Advanced for a couple of months. I did not change anything yesterday.

Anyone know what the problem was, so I can possible avoid it in the future? It still shows Android Version 2.2.1 with Kernal kernel 2.6.32.9-g55626e1....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones