• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Survives Motorcycle Crash

Romoko

Jun 7, 2010
Yep! Sitting in the ER waiting room, wondering when I'm going to get treatment, and thought I'd take my mind off things.

Sever motorcycle accident, and my Droid X was in the pocket of my riding jacket. The whole jacket is trashed and shredded, and my X was un touched. Although, it was COMPLETELY covered in dirt and gravel, but there's no way you could tell that now.

It was dark when the accident happen, and i was able to use droidlight to find the other half of my shoe, etc...

Thanks moto!

Glad you're okay. Speaking of build quality, anyone else notice a slight give on the upper left side of the phone? It's where I put my index finger (right hand) between the camera hump and the Verizon logo on the back. You'd put your thumb there if holding it left handed. Not a big deal but want to see if anyone else notice the same thing

Upvote 0
The X was in a neoprene case, those soft black ones you can buy. didn't even break the headphone jack.

I took pictures of my injuries, but they're a little graphic for this forum.

2005 Honda CBR 600rr.

stuff like this really opens your eyes. This is my 10th year riding.

ahh that's what wanted know, good bikes, pretty forgiving though. You get treated? I assume you can still use one hand, thank god for swype :) cages fault?

Good thing your still here with us and hope everything goes ok! Ride safe!

900fi vulcan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones