• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X to Replace Droid Incredible?

hmmmm i dont know man. thats a tough question.

if you try to think about it from ALL angles.....I would say screw HTC and their low quality build phones. Maybe the incredible shortages were an omen of sorts.

HTc lost money and respect(as far as quality), verizon lost htc incredible contracts to the iphone, evo4g, and internally to the moto X.

Samsung just cares about their bottomline, and that is their flagship.

at the end of the day, the newest of toys quickly show their age.
....but eol already on the incredible?

s#it, perhaps they refer to the incredibles with the amoled?

Upvote 0
Have you seen this? I wonder if this will actually come true:

Motorola Droid X May Already Be Replacing HTC Droid Incredible

According to an unconfirmed report, Verizon is now allowing customers who are getting impatient waiting for their Droid Incredible to be delivered to switch their pre-order to a Droid X.

After the Motorola model launches, the HTC one is supposedly going to be discontinued.

As someone who has been waiting for the Incredible for three weeks now, I keep getting different stories on this when I call Verizon. At first I was told I could do this, so I decided to do some research to see if I preferred the X. After deciding that I did, I called back and was told no, I cannot switch out my order.

I have no doubt that if I call again, I'll get an entirely different answer. Such is my experience with VW. :mad:

Upvote 0
It's true. I just called verizon and she said if you get your incredible before july 15...refuse the shipment...call verizon and they will exchange your order to an X and ship it. Said can't do anything before July 15 cause they are not taking preorders. My ship date for Incredible is not even till july 26th so I definetly be calling first thing on the 15th. I like moto phones a lot better anyway. I just wanted to add...Yay Yay Yay Yay!!!

Upvote 0
yeah, I called this a week ago. It was pretty obvious that HTC didn't have their shit together on the Incredible or the Evo for that matter.

I'm pretty glad I couldn't get my hands on an Incredible after seeing the X.

dont forget the eris as well. its trash.

hmmm

i just dont see the incredible as a 2 for 1 special sale right now....stranger s3it has happened though

Upvote 0
They are NOT canceling the Incredible..its well known that Samsung is hogging all the super AOMLED displays for its galaxy phones. Thus HTC recently accounced it is shifting from OLED to super LCD displays from Sony.

Its gonna take a little time to make the shift but then they can finally ship them in mass.
And not everyone wants a huge 4"+ screen on their phone. For the people that dont care about screen size, the Incredible is still one of the best sub-4" phones out there.

Upvote 0
They are NOT canceling the Incredible..its well known that Samsung is hogging all the super AOMLED displays for its galaxy phones. Thus HTC recently accounced it is shifting from OLED to super LCD displays from Sony.

Its gonna take a little time to make the shift but then they can finally ship them in mass.
And not everyone wants a huge 4"+ screen on their phone. For the people that dont care about screen size, the Incredible is still one of the best sub-4" phones out there.

idk about that. the droid 2 is about to come out. I would get that instead of the hightechcrap

Upvote 0
1. Of about 20 people I have talked to whom have Droid, NO ONE uses the keyboard enough to justify its existence.
2. I am suprised how people talk crap about HTC build quality and talk as if Motorola is know for its build quality. Don't link me to Incredible's screen insensitivity or Evo 4G's screen separation.

Upvote 0
1. Of about 20 people I have talked to whom have Droid, NO ONE uses the keyboard enough to justify its existence.
2. I am suprised how people talk crap about HTC build quality and talk as if Motorola is know for its build quality. Don't link me to Incredible's screen insensitivity or Evo 4G's screen separation.

This makes no sense u dont want to bash htc but then in the next line you bash them for screen issues. So you are one of those people talking crap on HTC build quality yourself

Upvote 0
This makes no sense u dont want to bash htc but then in the next line you bash them for screen issues. So you are one of those people talking crap on HTC build quality yourself
I am just saying that I recognize HTC has had problems. I did not feel the need to list Motorola's problem because it would simply start a flame war in a "Motorola forum".
I just want people to TRY to be unbiased in their own forums since we are all mature adults, right?

Upvote 0
I understand i mean we all know motorola used to simply suck, but over the years they have gotten better especially with the original droid and it seems that htc is more worried about quantity rather than quality IMO with producing a wide array of phones just about every month where up until now motorola has been pretty low key not producing nearly as many and standing behind their devices with updates more. Thats just my opinion though.

Upvote 0
I am just saying that I recognize HTC has had problems. I did not feel the need to list Motorola's problem because it would simply start a flame war in a "Motorola forum".
I just want people to TRY to be unbiased in their own forums since we are all mature adults, right?

I loved my motorola startac, 10 years later i hated the moto Q. never messed with the original droid..had a touch pro with keyboard problems, had 5 eris with nearly the same problems. Hopefully htc can bounce back and stir up some competition

All companies have their ups and downs. If being immature means steering a new verizon customer away from the grief of owning a droid eris. then im guilty

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones