• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Update Failure and Data Card

Hello All - I'm a new contributor here, forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I have a problem and was hoping to get some advice.
Background:
Today, I received a message regarding a new install for my Motorola Droid X. I clicked on 'Install' and let the phone do its thing. When I restarted the phone later, I got black error screen. After a call to Verizon, and an attempted restart of the phone, I was told to turn it in to the local Verizon store and I'd be given a loaner phone until my new one was shipped to me. Yes - the new interface killed my phone, so if you have a Droid X, be wary of downloading this new install.

So, my data card was put into the loaner phone, and I logged into my google account. It was then that I realized that I've been saving my contact info and other data from my phone to the phone's data card; so, basically, only about 30 contacts ended up saved on Google.

Current Problem:
Have I lost all my data, or am I not doing something to import the contacts from my datacard to this phone? I've looked all over the web and cannot get an answer to this question. Also, what is the purpose of the data card if it cannot store data? I'm completely confused and hoping like hell that I can somehow retrieve any of the data that was stored on my phone. Did this bug-ridden install destroy the data on my data card, or is it somewhere else in the cloud that I haven't accessed yet?

Thank you,
John

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones