• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X user

I'm looking for information about re-rooting my DroidX.I used z4 root last time and it worked like a charm. Then I updated to 2.3.3. And nonone of the apps requiring root access worked anymore. I dled and app called "root checker basic" that informed me my device was no longer rooted.
I clicked on z4root and it provided me with 3 options. Temporary, permanently, or un root. Permanently simply ran the exploit until freeze and upon reboot, there was no change in root status. (as per "root checker basic") Unroot actually brought me back to the home screen so I thought it may have helped. However it did not remove my superuser app.
I went to my file manager and deleted the numerous z4root.apk files I had, (of various versions,) hoping to start clean again. Could not find how to delete/uninstall superuser app though.
So now I'm looking to root this device again and was wondering what the be best method would be. I don't have access to my laptop, time being, but if I can't figure it out, it seems like there is a simple way once I can use my pc. I would just rather have it rooted sooner than later.
Offer any ideas I haven't tried?
Thank you,
Adam

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones