• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Vibrates Randomly

Koda650

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
I have noticed that recently my Droid X vibrates about 50-80 times a day for absolutely no reason. It only happens when its in my holster or pocket and the hard buttons are pressed. For example, when I press the menu and return or search buttons a few times it will start vibrating like crazy. I uninstalled any apps that I have downloaded in the last month (which is when I have noticed this problem) to no avail. I also turned off haptic feedback. Anything else I should try? This is obvious very annoying. Thanks guys.

It sounds software related. Have you tried a reboot. A lot of people don't ever turn their phone off and that can usually solve some problems. After that I would suggest doing a factory data reset. This will take your phone back to an almost out of the box state. The first boot you will have to setup your google account and you apps will be gone but the market should start re downloading them. You will lose all the data for the apps though like high scores and settings. IF that doesn't work call verizon. I would caution you on the factory reset though. Make sure to back your contacts and other stuff with google in settings.accounts.gmail.

Upvote 0
I recommend an exorcism.

The-Rite-Trailer.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi
I don't have a Motorola Droid X, but I have a similar problem on my HTC Legend.

I've found out this happens each time I press menu and return at the same time.
This will result in one short vibration.
10-20 seconds later, three short vibrations will follow.

I have no idea what's causing it.
I've tried similar on other HTC legends - they do not have the problem..
Guess it is some kind of app...?

Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem with my Droid X that just started about a week ago. It randomly produces these short vibrates no matter what setting I change or app I uninstall. I called Verizon and the had me do a factory reset. A few days later they sent me a reconditioned phone when it wouldnt go away. I just got the new phone yesterday and its doing it again! Im getting really frustrated since I have to turn it off all night just so I can sleep. Any advice out there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones