1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid X Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lennydude, Jul 17, 2010.

1. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

May 19, 2010
    Male
    Derivative Trader - AIG "JK"
    Maine USA
    Hi there........

One thing i absolutely HATE about my Droid INC is the wallpaper is the same for all screens!

Can the X display a different wallpaper for each home screen? If not do you know of any Android VZW phones that will?

Thanks much and sorry if this has been asked before..........searched and could not find.

Lenny

Advertisement

2. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

May 19, 2010
    Male
    Derivative Trader - AIG "JK"
    Maine USA
    No one?
    Nothing?

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Okay, I'll bite...:D

I just did a Google search with "site:androidforums.com different wallpaper for each screen" and pretty-much got what you expected: the threads returned pretty-much indicate that you can't really do this. You can fake it out by editing/stitching together separate images, but I doesn't sound like this was totally satisfying to folks.

Do the above search and read through the threads, maybe there's something I missed or a launcher that has this feature that no one has posted about yet. I've never been a separate launcher kind of guy--the stock launch has always been fine with me (Sense on my Eris), so I've never really researched them.

Good luck!

4. jp3_99

jp3_99 Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I think the main problem is the screen doesn't really slide that much when you go to a different screen, so having multiple wallpapers just wouldn't work out to well.

So I don't think unless google decides to add it as a option in a later build we won't ever see anything that allows this. Somebody correct me if im wrong though and there is a way to do it.