• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X wifi speeds slower than Incredibles

DiegoMejia

Sep 2, 2009
Used speedtest application and ran side by side comparisons of Droid X vs Droid Incredible.

My speedtest on computer
886084058.png

Droid Incredible:
Down: 6375 kbps
Up: 2128 kbps

Droid Incredible: (With Wireless N patch, no jit or overclock)
Down: 8933 kbps
Up: 3253 kbps

Droid X
Down: 4417 kbps
Up: 1653 kbps

Is anyone getting better results on their Droid X?

Keep in mind i ran droid incredible test first waited till complete than ran droid x, i say that so you dont say they interfered. Reason this is imporant to me is because dlna runs smoother on incredible than droid x with twonky or the dlan app built in

sigh...

this is how rumors start.

there are so many variables that could have affected this test that have been either accidentally or intentionally ignored. status of the network, concurrent users, distance, phone software/settings, etc.

My datsun beat your new porsche* in the 1/4.

*(without tires and stuck in first gear)

Upvote 0
sigh...

this is how rumors start.

there are so many variables that could have affected this test that have been either accidentally or intentionally ignored. status of the network, concurrent users, distance, phone software/settings, etc.

My datsun beat your new porsche* in the 1/4.

*(without tires and stuck in first gear)

rumors? if you have a Droid X and Droid Incredible please feel free to run the tests for yourself.

Same distance, only 2 devices on.

Just ran the incredible in stock wireless g and its still faster.

Upvote 0
rumors? if you have a Droid X and Droid Incredible please feel free to run the tests for yourself.

Same distance, only 2 devices on.

Just ran the incredible in stock wireless g and its still faster.

Something is just wrong with your Droid X. I also was loading web pages and they were equal with X loading some faster and the Inc loading others faster. When I mean "faster" I mean like a hair faster. Also with my download speed tests, my Inc would be faster by "23kbps" while my X would be faster by "13kbps". What do you mean by "faster"?

Also... when did you get an X? You've always been in the Inc forums.

Upvote 0
Something is just wrong with your Droid X. I also was loading web pages and they were equal with X loading some faster and the Inc loading others faster. When I mean "faster" I mean like a hair faster. Also with my download speed tests, my Inc would be faster by "23kbps" while my X would be faster would be faster by "13kbps". What do you mean by "faster"?

Also... when did you get an X? You've always been in the Inc forums.

i bought it on saturday, even made a quick video comparing the two.

YouTube - Droid X vs Droid Incredible

let me do a clear storage and test again, thats why i asked if anyone was getting better speeds

*UPDATE*
Just did a factory reset. same results. Incredible still faster than droid x in wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones