• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X with Gingerbread Questions

Oliveralam

Lurker
May 19, 2011
yesterday i put gingerbread on my droid x so far i love it but i have a question in the notification bar theres an icon it looks like a 2 arrows going in a circle. i was wondering if anyone knows what it is? i checked my task manager and when i kill everything dlna is still on. if it is dlna does anyone know how i can turn it off so it doesnt eat battery? thanks for your help!

yesterday i put gingerbread on my droid x so far i love it but i have a question in the notification bar theres an icon it looks like a 2 arrows going in a circle. i was wondering if anyone knows what it is? i checked my task manager and when i kill everything dlna is still on. if it is dlna does anyone know how i can turn it off so it doesnt eat battery? thanks for your help!

It means you are constantly synching.......the only way I've seen to fix this is to factory reset/wipe data.

Upvote 0
What version gingerbread? Some show a constant sync in the task bar but they are not always connecting and I expect it will be addressed in the official release when (IF?) it comes down the pike.

Either way bouchigo's advise is good as I've just finished playing around with Gingerbread and SBF'd back to OTA today in anticipation of the official Gingerbread release.

Upvote 0
I Hadthe same problem until about a half hour ago. I did a Factory reset and problem solved! Thanks to the help I received here.

Same here.

I had the same problem some months ago when I did a restore of system data with Titanium (so the forum diagnosed). At the time, the icon indicated something in the OS kept trying to talk to the net. The problem was when I used the Nighttime battery profile and it shut down background data, the OS never stopped trying to get on the net (looked at logs to diagnose that one). With a full charge at 8:00pm, I would have 15 - 20% by 5:00am.

My point is, while this may not be the same cause as the syncing icon after GB update, the icon may be more than just an annoying icon. As painful as it is, I'm glad I did a reset last night and got it done with. Already today my battery seems to be doing better (though I have no hard data to support that).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones