1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Droid X won't boot. Freezes at red eye.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stoke, Feb 14, 2011.

1. stoke

stoke Lurker

EDIT: Oops, put this in the wrong place. Moving it to Droid X Support.

Droid X boots to the motorola M screen, then 'Droid' then the red eye animation. After thirty seconds the red eye freezes, and then it cycles back to 'Droid' and restarts the red eye animation. It will continue to loop like this indefinitely until a battery pull.

Config: Stock. Lots of apps. Nothing new in the week before this problem.

It will boot into recovery, but I have not yet done a hard reset because I'd like to avoid losing pictures and video. Does anyone know where are pictures stored by default? Are they stored on the SD card? Will they be erased by a hard reset?

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. r.l.griggs72

r.l.griggs72 Lurker

"It will boot into recovery, but I have not yet done a hard reset because I'd like to avoid losing pictures and video. Does anyone know where are pictures stored by default? Are they stored on the SD card? Will they be erased by a hard reset?"

Your pictures and videos are safely stored on your SD card. The DROIDs do this be default and will not allow you to take pictures or video with out a SD CARD. I am having the same problem with a DROID X, but it seems to me that something went screwy with an install with an APP.

I am currently trying to reflash 26.01 BOOTLOADER

OPTION 1: At this point, it is best that you do a "HARD FACTORY REST" to your device and go from there. I have tried the factory data rest with my problem DROIDX and this did not work, because I am running a factory software version and Have to take it back to Moto to get it reflashed.

This should work for you though because you are on a stock shipping software, if not, let me know. Here's my logic, you are able to get to the eye, this means that you are able to get to BOOTLOADER and RECOVERY screens. This also means that all of the orginal DATA for the OS is in place (just corrupt). The DATA reset should put you back in the game.

OPTION 2: If it is fairly new, return it to Verizon and have them replace with a new one since I recall you saying that you noticed it started having problems before this.

:cool: