• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X won't download "Copy Protected" apps? WTF?

mahers

Android Expert
Apr 2, 2010
Concord, CA
So I've had the Swiftkey Beta app on my X since I got it, and now that I can't really live without it, they are upgrading the app to a paid version for an intro rate of 99cents for one week, then it jumps to $3.99. When I tried to upgrade, it says "The requested item could not be found" and force closes the market. When I went to their website, they claim the X does not support Copy Protected apps and they are working on it.

My question is, WHY DOESN'T THE X SUPPORT these apps? It's one of the latest Android phones available and this doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have a fix/solution? Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Edit: Damn those guys are quick!!! They fixed this issue and are now allowing the X to DL the paid app! I recommend it highly!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones