• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X/X2 Essentials Pack $19.97 from Verizon, Free 2 Day Shipping

Well actually 49.95 is still pretty good :( Needed a car mount and for $50 you get all the other stuff, got the local store to match the 49.95, now that's not even on ad.

Last night I was too lazy to walk upstairs to get my wallet, was all ready to check out and only needed my credit card.

ya snooze ya looze (which is exactly what I was doing instead of getting my wallet)

thanks for the heads up though.

Upvote 0
I went in and specifically asked this at costco yesterday and was told that you CAN swap to a different device within the 90 day window and just pay the difference or be refunded if it is cheaper........I specifically asked: So If I buy the DX2 and another phone I like comes along within the 90 day period I can swap them out? and was told: Yes, within 90 days swap for any phone, or even return but contract remains in effect after the initial 14 day period has expired.

This was face to face conversation with the guy at the kiosk, I then left and called another store to verify my findings and was told the exact same thing....

can any one else confirm this policy?

Upvote 0
wow, I just called another NJ store and the employee told me no problem on exchange for a different phone....

and I specifically asked "if I buy the x2 now and a better phone comes out in 60 days, can I swap to the newer phone" and was told Yes, within the 90 day period...

can you give me a link to the corp. policy on the website?

Upvote 0
found this:

Returns, Cancellations and and Exchanges

If I do not like my phone, can I exchange my phone for another phone?
Costco.com's exchange policy for cellular phones is 90 days from date of purchase. During the exchange process you will be charged the full retail price for your replacement phone until your original purchase has been returned to us. Upon receipt and processing of your original device we will refund the full price of your replacement phone.

Upvote 0
the employee at the kiosk at Costco informed me that I wiould only be able to exchange the phone for a different model within the 14 day trail period.

per Costco.com
"Costco is unable to exchange or sell a replacement phone after the Carrier Trial Period ends."

That's doesn't match what I've learned...

Within 14 days: Return phone for a full refund, account set back to how it was before you got the phone, all upgrades, etc., that were available are available again. No restocking fee (VZW has a restocking fee). Or you could return it and get another phone.

After 14 days, up to 90 days: Exchange for any other phone that Costco has, pay the difference in price, if any, between the two phones. E.g., we paid $149 for the X2, if we returned it in a month or two for another phone that costs $199, we'd pay the $50 difference. (Only down-side is that Costco doesn't get all the phones that VZW has in-store.)

Of course, if you cancel service you'll pay early termination...

I've verified this w/multiple employees at the Costco phone kiosk in two local CostCos. The receipt we got from Costco also clearly states a 90 day return on cellular phones as well.

Upvote 0
That's doesn't match what I've learned...

Within 14 days: Return phone for a full refund, account set back to how it was before you got the phone, all upgrades, etc., that were available are available again. No restocking fee (VZW has a restocking fee). Or you could return it and get another phone.

After 14 days, up to 90 days: Exchange for any other phone that Costco has, pay the difference in price, if any, between the two phones. E.g., we paid $149 for the X2, if we returned it in a month or two for another phone that costs $199, we'd pay the $50 difference. (Only down-side is that Costco doesn't get all the phones that VZW has in-store.)

Of course, if you cancel service you'll pay early termination...

I've verified this w/multiple employees at the Costco phone kiosk in two local CostCos. The receipt we got from Costco also clearly states a 90 day return on cellular phones as well.

I just checked with a third "wireless advocates" kiosk at another store in NJ and he verified that it is no problem to exchange for a different phone within the 90 days, however I would have to return the old phone, be refunded and then purchase the new phone at the promotional price, keeping my existing contract in place from the date of the original purchase.

for the heck of it I called a store in Alabama and was told that after the 14 days I could only return, not exchange within the 90 day period ( which makes no sense to me as at that point you would be looking at $350 in early termination fees.)

Upvote 0
I just called the local kiosk and they told me that the exchange window is 30 days. why such mass confusion concerning such a simple process?

Costco.com's return policy for any Wireless Advocates merchandise obtained through this website is 90 days from the original date of purchase. You must ship your merchandise back to Wireless Advocates for a full refund. Merchandise should not be returned to a Costco store. All returns must be accompanied by a return authorization form which can be obtained from our Customer Service Team. Our distribution center is not able to process refunds for returns received without a return authorization.
Within 90 days you may receive a refund on the handset itself. However, you will still be responsible for any applicable early termination fees if service is canceled after the Trial Period. The Trial Period varies by carrier and State. See carrier Cancellation Policy for details.
Once the product is received back at our distribution center, a refund for the full purchase amount will be credited back to the card used for payment.

Upvote 0
I just called the local kiosk and they told me that the exchange window is 30 days. why such mass confusion concerning such a simple process?

agreed! so far 3 out 3 Costco's in NJ say no problem. internet policy seems to indicate no problem. I guess the only way to find out is to try...

I guess I've got nothing to loose buying from them I get the same 14 days, and possibly 90......anywhere else I purchase from I know I'm only getting 14 days.

and yes I understand that no matter where I buy from I am locked into the contract after 14 days and early termination would apply.

I think now I just have to decide if I'm going for the DX2 or the Charge even though I don't have 4g in may area yet, if I get the dx2 and 4g becomes available next year I'll still have a year left on my contract and I think I remember someone saying they are doing away with early upgrades.

Upvote 0
I just opened up my bundle pack! :) My colleagues were stunned by the price.

Got two packs arriving today or tomorrow... Wife is going to have docks, mounts, cords, and connectors coming out of her ears.

Normally she's cheap enough that even at $20 she'd hesitate to spend the $ to get two sets, but she LOVES her X2 so much that she's going to squeal like a little girl when she sees she can have a dock at work and home, and car mounts in two of our three cars. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones