• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jerry7591

Lurker
Nov 18, 2010
Can someone tell me how to change ownership of this droid x i bought. I don't have user name and password and can't put it on pageplus with out the numbers. I am so lost reading and sifting thru these posts. I just need to get past this old owners user name and password. Be nice i am a newbe. Thanks

Welcome to Android Forums, Jerry.

People who post in forums wanting to hack into a device such as a smart phone are sometimes regarded with a bit of suspicion, as stolen devices are often locked with the owner's security. No offense intended to you.

If I purchased a device and forgot to acquire the user name and password from the original owner, I'd contact him or her right away for that info.

If that were not possible, I'd next take the device to the carrier's store, Verizon, etc, and explain as best I could.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones