• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X2 Microphone not working

So I bought an X2 off ebay in perf. condition (so I thought), and when I made a call the mic didn't work, I found it only works under 2 circumstances: When recording video, and while using speakerphone (when I yell it is faintly recorded when using voice search) . I removed the bottom plastic piece and there was nothing obstructing the mic. I'm thinking this is a software issue. Has anyone who has experienced this problem found a fix such as root with custom ROM??

I have tried Safe Mode and battery pulls, I've formatted phone, erased internal storage etc.
Thanks for any help YO! :p

So I bought an X2 off ebay in perf. condition (so I thought), and when I made a call the mic didn't work, I found it only works under 2 circumstances: When recording video, and while using speakerphone (when I yell it is faintly recorded when using voice search) . I removed the bottom plastic piece and there was nothing obstructing the mic. I'm thinking this is a software issue. Has anyone who has experienced this problem found a fix such as root with custom ROM??

I have tried Safe Mode and battery pulls, I've formatted phone, erased internal storage etc.
Thanks for any help YO! :p

I would use RSD and a SBF file to completely redo your phone. If it's a software issue, that should replace everything back to stock and set you straight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones