• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X2 or Droid 3 as replacement for OG Droid?

(G)

Android Expert
Dec 16, 2009
Minnetonka, MN
www.gleone.com
I've got an OG Droid that's starting to give me grief; my wife has a Droid Eris. Our Verizon contract comes due in November.

Right now Verizon is running a Buy One/Get One promotion on both the X2 and the Droid 3. Since I don't want to pop big bucks twice when the Bionic comes out, I've been reading reviews of both the X2 and Droid 3 and am seeing conflicting things. Some hate both, some love both.

Does anyone here have experience with either of them that could shed some light?

BTW, neither of us care about a physical keyboard, since we're both Swype addicts. And since neither of us stream music, watch videos, or do much downloading, 4G LTE doesn't seem to be a factor, either. (Maybe I'm wrong, tho.)

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones