• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Think my DX2 is gonna be a keeper. Have had it off the charger for 11 hours now and it's at 60%. And I do use it quite often.

A few things that have really popped out at me:

Call quality- WOW- Felt like I was on a quality landline phone when I made some calls today.

Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector- Doesn't affect the picture at all. And I actually prefer the slightly rubbery feel of it over the standard glass. Maybe part of that has to do with my satisfaction with getting it it on after an OCD process that would go viral on Youtube had I filmed it.

Case- Going case-less. It's a solidly built phone and I won't feel bad about paying whatever retail price is in the future if it's only $450 from VZW right now. A Squaretrade warranty would be $93 plus $50 deductible upon claim if I were to purchase it right now with a coupon.

Titanium Backup Pro- Paid $5.99 for it and its worth its weight in gold. Rooted with Gingerbreak and froze the Verizon bloatware. It's like it was never there, and can be unfrozen as any future OTA updates require.

Display- No problems here. Having come from an Eris, I think it's pretty glorious. No temptation to buy an Android tablet anymore.

Quadrant- Highest score was around 2700. Runs fast and not worried about the memory issue. I'm not experiencing any slowdown next OTA Android update will probably manage what the DX2 does have even better.

Camera- Awful, but maybe I'm just "Doing it wrong," as they say.

No random reboots yet, but maybe I'm not pushing my phone to a point where it overheats. Just haven't needed to. Not a knock on the anybody who does at all.

Ding dong, the Eris is dead. Or at least on its way to Gazelle. :)

Upvote 0
You are definitely right about the camera quality - it is absolutely terrible. Compared to my old Incredible 1, it is like night and day. Really bad low light performance, and even lighted indoor shots look like they have artifacts everywhere. I also hate the capacitive buttons - they are VERY tough to press. It's a shame because the display is so pleasing to look at, is very bright (VERY BRIGHT), sharp and spacious.

The battery life is great for anyone that is wondering - I went almost 24 hours with moderate-heavy use. Fantastic.

However, I will be returning this for the Incredible 2 to try that out. I went into the store to compare the two and the Inc2's camera is way better. Plus it is speedier and has the great capacitive buttons. Given it has a less bright, smaller, less sharp display - but I'll try to make do. Hopefully another sharp qHD, 3G, phone comes out soon (I have another upgrade to use).

Think my DX2 is gonna be a keeper. Have had it off the charger for 11 hours now and it's at 60%. And I do use it quite often.

A few things that have really popped out at me:

Call quality- WOW- Felt like I was on a quality landline phone when I made some calls today.

Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector- Doesn't affect the picture at all. And I actually prefer the slightly rubbery feel of it over the standard glass. Maybe part of that has to do with my satisfaction with getting it it on after an OCD process that would go viral on Youtube had I filmed it.

Case- Going case-less. It's a solidly built phone and I won't feel bad about paying whatever retail price is in the future if it's only $450 from VZW right now. A Squaretrade warranty would be $93 plus $50 deductible upon claim if I were to purchase it right now with a coupon.

Titanium Backup Pro- Paid $5.99 for it and its worth its weight in gold. Rooted with Gingerbreak and froze the Verizon bloatware. It's like it was never there, and can be unfrozen as any future OTA updates require.

Display- No problems here. Having come from an Eris, I think it's pretty glorious. No temptation to buy an Android tablet anymore.

Quadrant- Highest score was around 2700. Runs fast and not worried about the memory issue. I'm not experiencing any slowdown next OTA Android update will probably manage what the DX2 does have even better.

Camera- Awful, but maybe I'm just "Doing it wrong," as they say.

No random reboots yet, but maybe I'm not pushing my phone to a point where it overheats. Just haven't needed to. Not a knock on the anybody who does at all.

Ding dong, the Eris is dead. Or at least on its way to Gazelle. :)

Upvote 0
You are definitely right about the camera quality - it is absolutely terrible. Compared to my old Incredible 1, it is like night and day. Really bad low light performance, and even lighted indoor shots look like they have artifacts everywhere. I also hate the capacitive buttons - they are VERY tough to press. It's a shame because the display is so pleasing to look at, is very bright (VERY BRIGHT), sharp and spacious.

The battery life is great for anyone that is wondering - I went almost 24 hours with moderate-heavy use. Fantastic.

However, I will be returning this for the Incredible 2 to try that out. I went into the store to compare the two and the Inc2's camera is way better. Plus it is speedier and has the great capacitive buttons. Given it has a less bright, smaller, less sharp display - but I'll try to make do. Hopefully another sharp qHD, 3G, phone comes out soon (I have another upgrade to use).
Not to debate but the x2 is speedier than the inc2 imo.... I still believe gingerbread will make this phone even more snappy and out benchmark the current vzw phones even though I think it does on 2.2. But I haven't had trouble on my x2 like some people are saying. Maybe get a doa and see if that helps. Either people are over analyzing everything or nit picking but that is what a forum is for I guess. I do love the incredible 2 form factor alot and the capacitive buttons on how they rotate. I think the rotating capacitive buttons should be the new standard I n smartphones

Upvote 0
My phone is on a fedex truck coming from PA to me on Long Island.. I am coming from (dont laugh) an HTC Touch Pro 2.. WinMo 6.5 Phone..

waiting for the jaws to hit the floor..

::THUD::

There we go..

SO needless to say i am just going to love the ability to ANSWER A %(*!# Phone call.. The rest is all BuTTA..

DX2 is exponentially better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones