• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X2 system version

dbx64

Jun 26, 2011
Okay, my droid x2 is running system version 2.3.4. I haven't had an update since late august if I remember correctly and that changed it from 2.3.3 -> 2.3.4. The new phones on the market such as the droid razer and any other phone that has been released within the last 4 weeks. What version of Android are they running?

I've noticed with my phone that at times after I unlock it and mess around with it the display seems to be laggy; however, after 2 seconds it because much more fluid.

I want to know if the droid x2 will ever see a new update. My good friend has a droid x and his phone won't update past 2.3.3--i assume this is because the droid x only has a single processor appose to the dual core that all new phones have.

If our droid x2s never see a another update, is it possible to install a new cpu or hardware component to allow the newest and most demanding android version?

I am happy with my phone as I have never had problems that people describe with their phones. It may be that I'm not very uptight or what. I just wish my phone had a longer BATTERY LIFE!!!

Thanks again and any input or thoughts about the droid x2, ICS, or GB are welcome.

Thanks
-Drew

The Razr is running 2.3.5 Gingerbread, but it's still Gingerbread, you're not going to tell much difference between 2.3.4 and 2.3.5.

There's a 2.3.5 update that can be found in the All Things Root stickies that hasn't been released, not sure if it will or not. The battery issue wasn't helped with it, so it doesn't do any good there. Not much has changed, really. But the update is there.

If you're wanting to update your phone's hardware, the only realistic option is to buy or upgrade your phone to newer, more powerful model. But if you're simply wanting to see if you can get your phone running better, you could always root it, install the custom recovery, and flash some custom ROMs, some of which run 2.3.5 Gingerbread. If you're not comfortable or are uninterested in such things, you're pretty much at your carrier's mercy as to what your phone is capable of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones