1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Droid X2 Tidbits

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Jun 3, 2011.

1. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Sound setting suggestion: This is a subjective thing, but please try the following settings for MP3 tunes- Go to Sound settings/ Media audio effects/ and then set Effects profile to Custom, Surround to Ambient and Equalizer to Bass punch. My reaction after the changes was :eek: :)

Almost certainly a placebo, but also notice a lot less clicks & pops. I LUVS my sugar pills :rolleyes:

Reset issues: Minimize Flash use and use Rockplayer to avoid some of the random reset issues (the stock player with some video files causes resets for me). The worst version of Flash for resets appears to be 10.2.

Heat: Besides some random heat spikes that seem Flash related, the DX2 gets no hotter than the current 4G devices and Incredible. I tested them out with Flash content, downloading data (3G only) and while charging. The following temps are pretty darn uniform (a degree or two delta)

At rest (not charging) or just listening to tunes = 81
    Same as above but charging = 84
    Downloading or wifi tether = 94
    Flash content = 104 to 114 (Netflix is less than 100, but only tested the app on DX2 and Inc).

The difference is the other four devices are housed with plastic and the DX2 is mainly metal. The heat happily transfers through the metal, while is insulated with the plastic. The good news is better heat dissipation with the DX2, the bad news is the hands feel it. Pick your poison.

I want my memory back: Can not help but notice that the Incredible also has 512mb of ram and almost always has 140mb of free ram, while the DX2 usually has about 100mb less. This is due to the allocation to the Tegra 2 chipset, but is TOO MUCH, considering the display is only pushing qHD resolution. The allocation should be half of what it currently is and seems a bad design move.

That concludes the tidbits.

Advertisement

2. coolpoete

coolpoete Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    Thanks for confirming the heat thing in comparison to the other devices. I hope that whenever the update comes it addresses the memory issue with the processor. For that reason alone it will be well worth the wait.

3. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    The ideal thing would be a Nvidia applet like they have for windows so people can adjust it. Will not happen, but would be nice.