1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid x2 vs Incredible 2

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by SoppingBeast, May 30, 2011.

1. SoppingBeast

SoppingBeast Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Hey everyone, first post here and not sure if it's in the right place or not. I have an upgrade coming up on Verizon in July and am wanting to get a smartphone. I was thinking either the droid X2 or the incredible 2 (not interested in 4g), now I know there are some differences between the two. Front facing camera, screen size, UI, hdmi out, blah blah. What I am most interested in is power. The droid x2 has the tegra 2 dual core and 512mb RAM and the incredible 2 has a snapdragon processor with 768mb RAM. Can anyone give me an honest unbiased opinion on which phone would be better for multimedia and gaming, overall power using. I have heard different things from so many people after researching saying they would prefer single core with 768 over dual core with 512 and vise versa. So far I am leaning towards the X2, if anyone can help me out I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Gosh SoppingBeast.. I would love to have either phone. I just wanted to welcome you to the forums. If you care to, you can follow this link: http://androidforums.com/
    Just scroll down and you will find a section of the forum for both the devices you are interested in. Click in on each and do some reading. You will find honest opinions from actual users of each phone.. discussing their likes and problems. That might help you make up your mind. Best of luck to you and thanks again for joining our ranks.

3. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Sigh. The truth be told, both are simply awesome.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Both are great phones, but Motorola locks / encrypts the bootloaders on their phones, so personally I would lean towards the Incredible 2. For me it is important to have root, and to install custom ROMs to get rid of carrier bloat, and update the phone if the carrier abandons the phone.

5. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    That's because no one can say for certain. The dual core advantage isn't quite so straightforward. If the OS and apps can take advantage of it then you'll see some benefit. Best bet is to take apps that you'd use for a spin yourself. There are benchmarks but those are of limited use in my experience except to see how well a system runs the benchmark. It's real world performance that really matters in the end.

6. lbarllcodel

lbarllcodel Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    I am going to be 100% honest. I recently got a replacement phone for my original DX to a DX2. I had a LOT of issues with the hardware of the DX1 overheating etc.. but, all of my apps played nicely! Now with the DX2 Pandora never plays, the internet is much slower, searches and texts randomly close out, the screen locks up and so on. Rooted with the V6 supercharger script helps a little bit - not enough to matter!

I just called VZW and explained the issues (apparently they are quite common):thinking: and they are sending me a Dinc2 as a replacement. I was excited when they traded my DX for the X2 but it was all for nothing. The overall lag from the X2 with the tegra2 chip is pretty ridiculous.

From what I know about the Dinc2, Sound Quality is much better, the screen is brighter, Sense is much smoother and the single core plays nicer on Android and it has a front Cam. The downside is dropped calls and low bars seem to be an issue for a few (maybe *228 will fix it?).

Still,
    With no ETA for GB for the X2 I would suggest; if the .3" larger screen is not that big of a deal to you, just go with the Dinc2! You will be much better off!

Hope this helps! :)

7. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Would like to see how both performs with Gingerbread but currently the DINC2 is now getting Gingerbread while the X2 still waits.

Feeling that HTC is better executing here.