• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X2 won't go into call mode

stephen65

Jun 25, 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
For the last few weeks, when I either receive or make a call, the phone will not go into it's call mode. What I mean by that is whenever you're on a call and the phone is up to your ear. The screen will go dark but whenever you pull it away from your ear to make a selection or anything, the screen will reappear. That's the way it's always been since I got this phone last June.

But lately the phone stays in it's regular screen mode just like if you had turned it on and then sat it down. It will go completely dark in a minute. You're on a call and then you see the screen eventually go dark and if you pull it away from your ear, it stays dark. The only way to get the screen back it to hit the top power button.

What could have happened to it?

The phone has other issues like the video has never worked right and the battery suddenly loses all it's life from a full charge to nothing within a couple of hours. But it seems like these issues are never going to get fixed until I'm due for another phone next Feb.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones