• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm Grant. I make YouTube videos and recently recieved my Step-Dad's HTC Eris when he switched to an iPhone. I use the Droid on WiFi because I don't have a phone contract. I like 2.1, but Froyo, Gingerbread, and ICS seem a lot better. I'm saving money to buy the EVO V 4G(can't get a contract) I was just wondering, if I should get the EVO or a GSM phone and a StraightTalk SIM. This forum is awesome.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. With time being your friend, I'd use the time to check out the discussion areas for your prospective devices. You can read up on what the owners of those devices are saying about their phones, see the little problems each device seems to have, and make an educated decision on which phone will be the best for you. Now that you are a member you can easily ask questions if you don't see the information that might effect your purchase.
I hope you enjoy your time here and thanks for joining. Good luck with your research.

Android Phones - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Welcome Grant to the AF, look around and enjoy. :beerglass:

Be sure to check out the sections dedicated to your Android device and your Carrier.

Also if you want to be able to connect to the Forums from your Android device, be sure to check out the free Phandroid app in the Google Play Market. Cheers!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones