• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Actually, if you have ROM manager installed (which i am assuming since you are running CM) you can just load ROM manager, go to "Download ROM" and under stock images, is the Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Stock -Stable, NOT rooted.

This should do what you are looking for.

Editted to add: A factory reset will not return you to stock, it will just wipe out all your data and settings but leave you running CM)

Reactions: droid3ra
Upvote 0
Nice thread title.:rolleyes:

Seriously. A lot of people fail at making easily searchable thread titles. If someone else wants to search for how to return to 2.0.1 they aren't gonna be looking for a thread named "Droid".

Maybe I'm in a minority that actually thinks about being productive with a thread rather than just getting someone to answer a question that has been answered a million times in other threads - most of which have equally useless titles.

Upvote 0
Seriously. A lot of people fail at making easily searchable thread titles. If someone else wants to search for how to return to 2.0.1 they aren't gonna be looking for a thread named "Droid".

Maybe I'm in a minority that actually thinks about being productive with a thread rather than just getting someone to answer a question that has been answered a million times in other threads - most of which have equally useless titles.

+1

Upvote 0
DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.

Click that link, scroll down, get Droid Mod updater 11. It will take you back to stock, as well, simply with the push of a button!

I tried this, several times. No luck :( I keep getting an error when I reboot and try the downloaded update.zip file.

Any suggestions? I want to return this Droid and I can't figure out how to get rid of the SuperUser Permissions program.

Help!!! (and thanks!)

Upvote 0
Use the thread I linked to in post #3 - it will get you back to a stock install with no root, etc. You'll be able to return the phone without any problems.

Thanks!!! Worked like a charm. Gave me some type of error, at the end (failed), but 2.01 was back and Superuser was gone :) Updated to 2.1 and will take it back to VZW shortly.

Thanks, again!

John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones