• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid3 > MetroPCS > questions & answers

ok, i'm looking for others out there with a Droid 3 running on MetroPCS or that know about this kinda thing. I have some questions.

I had a guy from CraigsList flash a Droid 3 over to MetroPCS for me. He was in the Detroit market, which everything worked fine (except it was always in 1x, never 3g). He warned me that when I got home to my market (Flint) that it might not work. I took the risk. He was right. I did some searching and found someone from my market with the same issue on a Droid X that resolved the issue using a custom PRL. I did my reading, figured out how to do that using QPST, but in my first try something went wrong. I ended up having to restore from backup using Rom Manager. Unfortunatly, the only backup I had made was before I went to the guy from Craigslist to have it Flashed to Metro. I cant afford to go back, so I'm stuck doing this on my own now. After the restore, I was surprised to see the phone was still linked to the Metro Account. I flashed the custom PRL, and now had talk and text! (only had txt before). But no internet, mms, gps, market, etc.... I did some reading and tried putting "metropcs", "000000", and a custom SPC (calculated off my MEID using a MetroPCS SPC algorithm) like i read in the forums. Still doesnt work. So i'm going to follow a guide i found for people trying to fix web/mms/gps/market that works on droid 1s and droid 2's.....

has anyone tried this on a droid 3 with metropcs?
can i use a custom rom like CM9?

sorry if these are noob questions. i am a noob. but i did try and do the respectful thing and research for 3 weeks straight before asking....:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones