1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support DroidDroidDroid in the dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonyj20, May 26, 2011.

1. tonyj20

tonyj20 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Anyone else having a problem with the device saying droid every few minutes when it is in the multimedia dock?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    Hmmm...just posted a thread asking how to turn off the sound when you put the Droid in the multimedia dock. Main reason is that we think my wife's X2 is playing a "I'm docked" sound intermittently during the night while sitting in the dock - sounds similar to the issue you have, though for us it's much less often, maybe once or twice last night.

It almost seems like the X2 is suddenly realizing - "Hey - I'm in the dock!" and playing the sound again, even though it's been sitting in the dock for a while. Maybe a process is getting stopped/restarted or something...

Have you figured out how to turn off any sound playing when you insert the X2 into the dock?

3. Heelpir8

Heelpir8 Member
    None

May 14, 2011
    Try going to Settings, Sound, and scroll all the way down to "Battery Full Notification." Uncheck that and see if that helps. I was getting "Droid Droid Droid"ed last night and that stopped it.

4. Alyianna

Alyianna Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    Female
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Yes, the battery full notification was what turned that off for me. Had to find that the first day, it was driving me crazy thinking I had a text but couldn't find one LOL.

5. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    What I'm really looking for is a way to turn off the sound the X2 makes when you put it into the dock...any ideas on that?